Cheeky Little Man

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, so i was mucking around in the garden the other day and got this shot of the little lad giving me one of his usual "i'm not doing anything" looks.
The original looked a little flat and a bit on the cool side so this first one is slightly tweaked uncropped original....

IMG_7672abcEPZ.jpg

I decided it would be better cropped tighter so as i wanted to fill the frame i cropped it square, then increased exposure half a stop which boosted the eyes....

IMG_7672abcdeEPZ.jpg

Any comments or critique welcomed, i'm interested to know what you lot think as the missus just says "ooh thats nice". :bang:

Hi & welcome to the forum :wave:

I feel the second one has lost too much detail in the skin as it seems to have been processed a touch too bright. Great detail and catchlights in the eyes though so it certainly has potential (y)

Yeah, looking at the two together in here i thought that myself. From looking at the first then moving on to the second you get the impression of burnt out highlights. To be honest, i dont think the eyes are that much emphasised with the change.

I probably just sat there staring at it too long convincing myself it looked better. :wacky:

I probably just sat there staring at it too long convincing myself it looked better. :wacky:

I do that a lot - I think gauging whether your PP is an improvement or not is difficult when just starting out. I agree that the second is too bright so detail has been lost. I do think you have improved the eyes though - have you tried selectively processing the eyes rather than the whole shot?

Back