Chemistry yields

Name
Steve, Coventry, England
Edit My Images
Yes
I use these instructions

Which suggest 16 films for 1l of mixed solution
Thanks, that is where I bought them from, but I couldn't find anything on their site.

I was looking at the C41 kit too, seems very straight forward, so may give that a go in the future.

I'm finding there is little info on many products, and that little is hard to find, spent ages collecting info and making information sheets to use to start with.
Especially with Pyrocat !

Yes it is hard to find, I printed it off in case it disappears.

Yes it is hard to find, I printed it off in case it disappears.
Glad it is not just me then :)

Been looking for about half an hour if prepered Pyrocat s single use, which I would imagine it is, but haven't found any one saying they have tried more than one film.

I'm impressed with their service.

I had emailed them, they answered and also sent me an updated PDF that also corrects the film fixing times.

1678283535196.png

Glad it is not just me then :)

Been looking for about half an hour if prepered Pyrocat s single use, which I would imagine it is, but haven't found any one saying they have tried more than one film.
I think pyrocat oxidises very quickly so wouldn't store once mixed. Like all one shot developers its probably got more than one film worth of magic in it but you introduce another variable and its probably not worth the risk.

I use John Finch's Formula for PYROCAT HD where part A is dissolved in Propylene Glycol and it never 'Goes ORF ' !

Google : John Finch YouTube or Pictorial Planet YouTube

PS = There is another 'John Finch' who DIED age 97 if you Google -- but Pictorial Planet is there -- scroll down

Last edited:
I use John Finch's Formula for PYROCAT HD where part A is dissolved in Propylene Glycol and it never 'Goes ORF ' !

Google : John Finch YouTube or Pictorial Planet YouTube

PS = There is another 'John Finch' who DIED age 97 if you Google -- but Pictorial Planet is there -- scroll down
How many films can you develop with each dilution, or is it strictly single use?

Single use but it is diluted 1+100 so if I want to make up 300mls I take 3 mls A , 3 mls B and make up to 300mls with Filtered water. I made up 100mls of each as a trial and the 100mls last for many films at 1+100 dilution !

Back