Chester Zoo Big Cats

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
A few of the Jaguars & the Tiger at Chester Zoo, was great to meet Pikeman, Juniec & everyone else that was there :wave:
C&C much appreciated.
Thanks for looking,
Mike (y)

Jaguar001.jpg

And another stalking one.
Jaguar002.jpg

Finally, one of the Tiger:
Tiger001.jpg

oh my god

That tiger is absolutely fantastic, I hate you :p

Next time you offer to let me stand where you are and have a few shots and I refuse, hit me over the head with your big lens thing :p

Absolutely gorgeous mate. Love the 2nd jag too.

Sorry Matt, you lost out today .... :shrug:
Its the eye contact ... and the post processing... nice and fully saturated cats.

Great shots (y)

Sorry Matt, you lost out today .... :shrug:
Its the eye contact ... and the post processing... nice and fully saturated cats.

Great shots (y)

Ahh but I've only posted up one of the 321 shots I took today. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if I improve on what I've already done today.

Its also his 300mm £2500 prime lens against my tiny £1000 100-400.

He's got a bit of skill going for him too ;)

2nd shot is an absolute stunner.

lens has nothing to do with it :p

Its also his 300mm £2500 prime lens against my tiny £1000 100-400.

He's got a bit of skill going for him too ;)

Workmen and tools :help: :eek: :LOL:
... its all in the finger... and the luck of the moment. Nothing wrong with your technique, just luck and timing.

woooooow. Some of the best big cat shots i have seen. I particularly like the first really pinpoints the eye . I feel that i am been watched :clap: :clap:

Workmen and tools :help: :eek: :LOL:
... its all in the finger... and the luck of the moment. Nothing wrong with your technique, just luck and timing.

Well I guess it makes up for all of the times we've been to Chester Zoo and I've been lucky with my timing and he's done nothing but moan ;)

just kidding Mike ;)

:LOL: Matt, its those damn sealions :LOL:
Wow, I know I must be doing something right when I get the ok from oldgit :eek: :LOL:
Agree about the "being watched" feeling of the first, was quite unnerving having him staring at me.
Thanks for all of the comments everyone

Spot metering certainly worked on the first two. Did you use Stripe metering for the tiger? :coat:

Absolutely cracking shots. :notworthy: One day I'll be lucky enough to get a shot close to those!

Execellent!
(Dispite the bad P-humer :LOL: )

Super shots, but the second is the best Jaguar shot I've seen taken at Chester Zoo. :clap:

Really like all of these, love the tiger shot, one of my favourites :)

Well done.

Hi Mike, WOW, what fantastic shots, I couldn't make it yesterday, hopefully catch up with you at the next zoo visit
Regards Kevin

All excellent shots Mike, especially like the 2nd. Like Kev I couldn't make it this time, look forward to the next meet (y)

Mike

:agree:

All really great shots, but the 1st one takes it for me, superb colours on that one and you did so well focussing on the cat and not the bushes in the foreground. Superb :clap:

Thanks Kevin, Mike & Rick (y) I think that my favorite is the 1st one too - I am definately happy the moat was there, not sure it would be a good thing to get eyed up by a jaguar in that way without one :eek:
Already looking forward to the next trip (y)

We will have to plan another trip once we have been to knowsley :) hoping to get some good shots there.

Excellent shots!!

Has to be the 2nd one for me!

Don't know if it's worth mentioning - but if anyone on here is in to big cats - it may be worth having a look at the Pratical Photographer Big Cat Days. Having been on one, I can honestly say it was awesome! :D

Matt

Sounds great Sue, now I've finally sorted out my membership I think I'm going to just go there when I have any afternoons spare :p Those penguins & sealions won't escape for long :LOL:

Don't know if it's worth mentioning - but if anyone on here is in to big cats - it may be worth having a look at the Pratical Photographer Big Cat Days. Having been on one, I can honestly say it was awesome! :DMatt

Cheers for the comment & info Matt, do you have any pics from when you last went?

I can see it now

Chester Gazette

Strange bearded fellow arrested whilst mollesting penguins at local zoo.

It is with great dismay that we bring you this story from our on site reporter, the accused - a Mr Moomike of a certain well known photography website was seen to shout such atrocities as "bah you little b*****s!". When asked to explain his actions he stated that he was merely trying to capture a photo of the penguins in their element and they weren't co-operating in the slightest.

To make matters worse, a 15 year old girl managed to get a picture perfect swimming/jumping penguin shot on her Nokia 6440 0.3mp camera phone.

;)

excellent shots ..is there another meet there soon!!!! and can i come and join in...

Mike,

Here's a couple for you :)

These were all taken at a PP "Big Cat Shoot" last year, the access to the cats and the pro Chris Weston were unparalelled and well worth the trip and the money! :D

leopard_1.jpg

cheetah_2.jpg

Tiger_2.jpg

I've not seen anything about file size limits, but if there are - can someone let me know!! :shrug:

Matt

Great shots Matt, definately a day out I'd be interested in going on (y)
Max size I think is 800 x 800 & 161K (not 100% sure on the actual size or offsite hosting sizes though)

excellent shots ..is there another meet there soon!!!! and can i come and join in...

Always great to meet new togs - I can see myself spending a lot of time there I imagine so feel free to PM me if you fancy some company (y)
Would be good to organise another massive Chester Zoo meet if people are interested.

well there you go mike, something for you to plan, just make sure it is a day i will be able to come to, if you plan it far enough in advance shoudlnt be a problem, but then sounds like I am going again next week .

Also matt any more information on the days out you went on?

Sue,

You can find details of the Practical Photographer experiences here.

I went on the Big Cat Shoot, which was done down at the Wildlife Heritige Foundation Site down nr. Ashford in Kent.

Hope that helps!

Matt :)

Absolutely fantastic shots, I was standing right by you and mine look nothing like that.
Great to meet you (y)

Back