Chester Zoo Pics.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
First things first. It was great to meet so many of you, and a shame that I didn't get to meet everyone, but that's the usual way with these meets. I think it was a pretty good day all round despite the weather and a good turnout all round.:clap:

We picked these few on a very quick sift through.

2411607560_b4379d37fc_o.jpg

2410782087_997a835e03_o.jpg

2410781805_a2ddf0fdf9_o.jpg

Jan's Gopher..

2410781613_66294faa05_o.jpg

Liking the Jags.. they are great (and you managed to lose the fence in the bokeh)

Love both of the Jag shots, the first because I feel I want to reach out & stroke that amazing fur .... well perhaps stroking him is going a bit far but you get the idea!
The 2nd because of the sharpness, the clarity, the comp ... that fixed 'Im on to you' stare. Fantastic! (y)

...And then Im going to choose Jan's Gopher over yours because its just sooo cute, and looks lovely against the bg!

Lovely to meet you both btw! :)

great fisrt set CT, nice to meet you too :)

Never been to Chester zoo but I think I'm getting to know the animals :)

I'd say lightening the first one was optional - looks fine as it is too.

Nice to meet you guys too. :wave:

And thanks for biggin' up Jan's Gopher - can't do a thing with her now. :shrug:

;)

nice shots the pair of you im not siding with anyone but the 2nd gopher is (y)

just think what you could have got with my camera :naughty:

md(y)

#2 for me CT (y)

Number two for me aswell. I'm just sorry I couldnt make it today myself - I'm going on Tuesday instead.

Last ones from us then.. :D

2412448637_1d768885cb_o.jpg

My favourite from the day I think...

2412448719_af42bd1fe5_o.jpg

Another one of Jan's taken at a hell of a range with the 100-400L. The extra reach and flexibility of this lens proves itself over and over again.

2413273850_82b0112870_o.jpg

Thanks guys. (y) There isn't much that's more fascinating than these big cats is there? :love:

Unless it's Gorillas perhaps. :love:

Lovely shots CT :) and nice to meet you and Jan! Great shots of the Jaguar, really wish I had seen it outside. Ah well.

Nice to meet you Mr Lemon. As it happens - the Tiger turned out to be our Nemeses - the only decent shots we managed were ruined by that bloody wire fence. Just couldn't get close enough to the fence to lose it, and we never saw the Lion at all. :cautious:

Thanks guys. (y) There isn't much that's more fascinating than these big cats is there? :love:

Unless it's Gorillas perhaps. :love:

Marmots easily give the big puddy cats a run for their money :p I did miss my 100-400. As you said, the reach is great for zoos.

All good, but Jan's gopher (second one) is the pick of the bunch, soft light, nice BG, understated but crisp and clean-very appealing.

Hi CT & Jan, nice to have met you, thanks for letting Amy (my daughter) try out you lens. Love your Jaguar pics, boy that's close. Very interested to see Jan's shot as the Jag popped it's head thru the door, that's amazing quality for such a distance.
I've just got back home from London after leaving the Zoo on Sunday, up at 5am this morning in the flight sim, then drive home, so look at Sunday's zoo images when I get chance, be Thurs as off to Alicante tomorrow, paste some up then.
We really enjoyed meeting everyone, very much look forward to next group meeting. :)

Great set Jan & CT :clap: Those Jag shots are excellent (y) sorry i never got chance to speak to you both on Sunday .

I really like the little guy knawning on the ice lolly stick.

He was a bit of a star!

Ladeeze and gentlemen - I give you 'The Marmots'. "OK boys in on three and keep it tight..."

2417422348_5490d88876_o.jpg

2416602701_e6ef7168b2_o.jpg

Great shots CT! Looks like you had a good day. Gutted I couldn't make it in the end though :shake:.

Thanks Jo... we did wonder what happened to you? :wave:

Hola Cedric & Jan ... not nice to have not met you but heyho ... one day perhaps ... :D

I have to say those are all outstanding shots but credit where it's due Jan's have got to take the Golden Oreo simply because of her more novice status ... :naughty: ... simply awesome stuff gal keep it up and when you do meet her please tell Jill to take up the challenge ... :LOL:

Great Jag in the last image though Cedric ... ;)

:p

Back