Chester

Good work, composition, colour and clarity are all spot on and the eye certainly gets drawn into the image.

Good work, composition, colour and clarity are all spot on and the eye certainly gets drawn into the image.

I agree it looks like a nice sunny day till you look into the photo then get to the clouds which look stormy, so much to look at :)

Ooo, I really like this! Really well composed, exposure is spot on. Only thing I might have tried, not as an improvement to the image, instead something a little different, is a long exposure of the scene... a second or two just to get some movement. The whole image is very sharp, which is a good thing. But the people moving alternative might actually add a little something to the image? Just a thought :) Very nice shot either way!

what a fantastic shot!! so much to look at i cant help but sit and stare!! seeing as i live quite close to chester ive never been!

I used to work in CHester, and used to walk up that bit nearly every day.

What I will say is tha the only hting that ruins it is that big yellow banner in the middle.

Other than that, I think it captures the mood very well.

Very nice :)

Only thing I might have tried, not as an improvement to the image, instead something a little different, is a long exposure of the scene... a second or two just to get some movement. The whole image is very sharp, which is a good thing. But the people moving alternative might actually add a little something to the image? Just a thought :) Very nice shot either way!

Many thanks Jonathan. Definitely something i'd like to try, i'm not too far from Chester

I used to work in CHester, and used to walk up that bit nearly every day.

What I will say is that the only thing that ruins it is that big yellow banner in the middle.

I had to photoshop the banner out for a lady that bought a print so I shall post that in my gallery & add the thumb here for comparison.

Thanks all (y)

Much better!!

You could even clone the road sign out, and then the view probably would be almost the same as 10, 20, 30 40 years ago + (bar the clothes people are wearing!)

Much better without the banners. I'm really liking this pic, it really shows off the cool buildings! :)

I'm wondering what a bit of motion blur from the pedestrians would add to it too...

I have seen many a photo taken from this location. i usually just take a quick look and go "another touristy shot". This is something different. At first glance it reminded me of the Lowry paintings.

Cheers,

Rory

Back