Chesterton but not a Windmill - Warwickshire

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Most photo's that are posted from this little corner of Warwickshire will feature the Windmill (y) I've done it plenty of times myself but this evening I went into the village as I wanted to take a photo of the wonderful old church that is just on the outskirts of the Village..It's hard to call it a village it's little more than a few houses but still it has two fine examples of great British buildings (y)

Trying to get a little creative with the colours (y)

Saint Giles - Chesterton - Warwickshire by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This is a really contrasty B&W :D

Saint Giles - Chesterton - Warwickshire by mwhcvt, on Flickr

As with all my photo's C&C is welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Love the first one, second doesn't do much for me x

Thank you, it's a great location :D I like the way the stream, not that you can see any water leads you into the photo and church :D

Matt

I actually prefer the 2nd to be honest, think the conversion and portrait crop works really well

I actually prefer the 2nd to be honest, think the conversion and portrait crop works really well

Out of these two personally I'm going for the 2nd too :D but neither of these made it as my POTD :LOL:

Nice matt like them both, nice lead in with the stream/gully thingy,(y) not really keen on the greens in the first, mid right side field of the tree on my monitor, think Id crop a little off the top of the 2nd just to the lighter top cloud if that make sense

Last edited:
Nice matt like them both, nice lead in with the stream/gully thingy,(y) not really keen on the greens in the first, mid right side field of the tree on my monitor, think Id crop a little off the top of the 2nd

Thanks Dave, that's exactly the reason I liked this angle with the stream now if only you could see water :bang: I will be going back there, that green is the reason this one didn't make it to my POTD I preferred the greens in the one I picked out :D but that crop really quite a funky colour, admittedly not a funky as this edit has made it :LOL:

Matt

Thanks Dave, that's exactly the reason I liked this angle with the stream now if only you could see water
Matt

To be honest Matt it doesnt need the water, leads in good to the bush and the castle above, the diagonal of the clouds send my eye back round, (y) the bigger bush makes a nice stopper (y)

Very nice, I live over the hill in Fenny Compton :)

I know Fenny Compton, been there quite a few times (y) I'm pleased that you like them :D If your interested we have regular local TP meets there's a link to details in my signature in the OP (y) the next one is on the 29th Jan at Broadway Tower (subject to weather forcast)

To be honest Matt it doesnt need the water, leads in good to the bush and the castle above, the diagonal of the clouds send my eye back round, (y) the bigger bush makes a nice stopper (y)

Indeed it works really well from a composition PoV (y) but I still think water would be the crowning glory on the location (y) and that castle be a church (y) though it has a lot of castleations (y)

Matt

I know Fenny Compton, been there quite a few times (y) I'm pleased that you like them :D If your interested we have regular local TP meets there's a link to details in my signature in the OP (y) the next one is on the 29th Jan at Broadway Tower (subject to weather forecast).

Matt

Thanks for the heads up, I may take you up on the offer depending on what I'm upto, I do a lot of beating for local shoots and I think that's the last weeekend of the shooting season.

Thanks for the heads up, I may take you up on the offer depending on what I'm upto, I do a lot of beating for local shoots and I think that's the last weeekend of the shooting season.

I believe it may well be :thinking: but not to worry we have regular meets (y) in fact I'm just getting the start of the February thread sorted and then we can start planning that (y)

Matt

Back