chinese girl one light

Edit My Images
No
This is from another of my past shoots. Comments please. Thanks.

3190936218_b463a5a9e7.jpg

Nice shot. Although I think it would look better with more space round the model.

nice shot. and agreed with above... a different angle to lose the side of those building on the left??

where abouts are you? and where to you get these willing people :D

these photoshoots were taken in singapore (back home). i'm studying in the uk at the moment.

it's amazing how easy it was to get people to pose for the camera isn't it? i haven't had that much luck here though. i'm arranging a couple of shoots when i return home for the summer holidays.

this was taken using the 18-55 kit lens. unfortunately, the lens was already at its limit.

Nice enough shot - needs more space around her, and it's not straight (but close)

Natjag's right about less DoF being a bonus, but if that's the lens wide open - so be it

I am surprised that the PC brigade haven't had a pop at you yet though :( I mentioned a 'model' (a kid) of mine not being white and had loads of grief about it - though here, as you did, I personally see nothing wrong at all with calling a Chinese lass a Chinese lass

DD

if you didn't mentioned it, i wouldn't have noticed it wasn't straight.

i didn't mean it in any way. if it helps, chinese photographer here.

these photoshoots were taken in singapore (back home). i'm studying in the uk at the moment.

it's amazing how easy it was to get people to pose for the camera isn't it? i haven't had that much luck here though. i'm arranging a couple of shoots when i return home for the summer holidays.

Really?

Singapore was one of the places I want to visit along with Malaysia and Thailand.

Is it straight forward to ask them to pose and not get offended?

I like the natural expression and pose.

Singapore was one of the places I want to visit along with Malaysia and Thailand.

Let me know if you're visiting. I wouldn't mind bringing you around for a day or two, provided i'm even in singapore.

Beautiful composition and done on a kit lens too? Wow. Personally I would have less exposure on the model as she seems a little too well-exposed (so to speak) but that's personal preference.

i love it, slightly too tightly cropped as people have said, but the lighting and subject are brilliant.

if you could i'd go back and shoot it with a wider aperture (you could blur it in ps, but im not a fan of doing it that way at all) i think there needs to be slightly more separation between subject and background.

well done!

well, already shot at the widest aperture possible. thanks for the comments.

Personally jst because I am awkward I would shoot it at a smaller ap and get a deeper focus - you might find the light will then separate the model instead of the DOF especially if you used a little fill-in.

Back