Chorlton Triathlon

new2me

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the first time I've tried to get some action shots and really struggled with the changing weather.
A sunny start suggested I use the CPL for the swimmers, but there's a horrible cast on them that I've struggled to get rid of at first. I suppose it was actually too cloudy for it?
As the sky clouded over, I was switching between A & S priority and forgot where I was with the Auto ISO.
Then it began raining a little before the cycle started again.

1 - The Swimming

2 - The Cycling

3 - The ... errrrr ... the running was boring and this made me giggle, although he's a fitter man than I.

Bizarre as it sounds, I like #3 - "the loneliness of the long-distance... triathlete?"

Photos 1 and 2 are just a bit too far away I think - sports photos often look best when the faces of the athletes can be clearly seen, so you can see the determination, exhaustion, and other emotions on their faces. Whilst I can understand that this might be a challenge with the swim [unless you borrow that bloke's canoe...], on the bike, you just need to wait for them to get nearer [or stand nearer!]

Not a bad set though.

Look closely at the man in the red t-shirt in number 2....His helmet is on backwards!

It happens more than you think at triathlons when you are trying to put it on as quickly as possible! Fortunately i've always maganged to get mine the right way round.

No 3 for me aswell, even though its not an 'action' shot.

Look closely at the man in the red t-shirt in number 2....His helmet is on backwards!

It happens more than you think at triathlons when you are trying to put it on as quickly as possible! Fortunately i've always maganged to get mine the right way round.

I remember seeing a little mickey take of the mastercard advert - "Time saving from an expensive aero-helmet - 0.5s; Time lost by having to stop in the changeover to swap the aero-helmet around the right way - 15s; Doing so in front of the TV camera - Priceless!"

sale water park?

i've only ever seen it from Deckers Bar window before.. never at ground level :LOL:

#3 for me too (y)

favourite is the second as you can see what is going on and the struggle you can see on their faces. not a fan of the first images as you can really see what is going on...

Cheers for the feedback guys. I have a few more that I haven't processed, but i'll maybe stick them up later (y)

Actually, I wont bother ... they're no better than these really

Last edited:
Yeah number 3 for me. Number 2 is good but in my opinion would have been better without the marshall in the shot.

Number 1 doesnt tell us much really. Sorry

Back