Christmas Forest

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
newforestglow.jpg

Fantastic Brian. Have you used this for your Christmas card this year?

What a fantastic "feel good" shot, love the golden sun peaking through the trees

Thanks for the comments, and yes, it was a Christmas card last year.:)

excellent winter is great shot
i sense a bit of stretching...could this be the case?
if so and even if not...those tree shapes are magic
cheers
geof

First impression are WOW but looking at the details, I would say the very top of the picture, the blue is just too strong with some colour noise showing.

Last edited:
Thanks all. No, no stretching, I'd have preferred a landscape format actually.:)

:)Brian,
I think that this is a beautiful winter scene. In my opinion it would benefit from having part of the blue sky cropped from the top, as it has nothing to offer the rest of that beautiful scene.

:)Brian,
I think that this is a beautiful winter scene. In my opinion it would benefit from having part of the blue sky cropped from the top, as it has nothing to offer the rest of that beautiful scene.

DCash - your version looks a bit too stretched, but I get your point! I've gone back to my raw folder and see that this image was a stitch of three vertical (portrait) shots as I wanted to include the rather odd fog formations in the sky.

I agree the coincidence of tall trees and the vertical fingers of fog conspire to give it a stretched look. A compromise between mine and yours might work.:)

Its still a great shot which ever way Brian. Although if you do go back to the raw just have a look at whats happening on the right where the finely branched tree covers the fur, there looks to be a diagonal straight edge.

Dave

Last edited:
Back