Cinema Paradiso

Edit My Images
Yes
As per the title are there any users of Cinema Paradiso who can offer their views on the service please, compared to streaming e.g.how long you have to wait for latest releases etc

The £5 per month service seems to meet my needs but always good to get user views

I have just signed upto the free two week trial (this morning) based on my mates review of it, he said turnaround is quick and he has had some of the latest films out.

So I thought I would give it a go, I also have Netflix and Prime so will be interested to see how the titles compare. I definitely don't need all three but quite often I struggle to find anything worth watching on Netflix or Prime.

I signed up to CP when Amazon closed down Lovefilm.

So far; I've found the service variable. Usually CP are usually quite fast at turning around titles; but sometimes they are inexplicably slow.

You'll find far more variety of films available than are on Netflix and especially Amazon - particularly if you like older or arthouse films.

Of course if you watch mainly contemporary television series then Netflix and Amazon may be all you need.

I like the fact that with CP you can choose to have 4K/UHD or Blu-ray 3D or Blu-ray formats if available.

If you're a videophile and picture quality is important; then on a like for like basis (so 4K streaming compared to UHD, Hi-Def Streaming compared to Blu-ray) the discs from CP will offer better quality. Likewise sound quality from disc will be better than streamed sound. But if you don't have a home cinema set up these differences may not be apparent.

I find that CP is complementary to Netflix and Amazon. If I had to ditch one it would be Amazon as I find it to offer far less choice than Netflix - though it does have its own exclusives.

Back