Cinque Terre (Italy) set

Ted

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
*final edit* Thought I might as well add a couple more to complete the set to save creating another thread

umbrellas600.JPG

Manarola2smallsharpenedfinal.jpg

Original post:

Just got back from a few days in Cinque Terre. Stayed in the village pictured below, Manarola.

manarola_final_800wide_sharpened.jpg

*edit* Here's another from just around the corner.....

fishermanrocks699sharpened.jpg

*final edit* Thought I might as well add a couple more to complete the set to save creating another thread

Last edited:
Very nice. Good sunset colours you have caught there.

lovey shot, the way you've kept the foreground interest and the village as the background with the lovely colours of the sunset....I love it.... :)

Now I don't want to sound like a nitpicker, and I love the colours of the village and I love the sea but for some reason (and it's probably me) they don't seem to fit together. I can't explain why that is, it just doesn't gel somehow. Sorry, I do like it though.

Andy

Now I don't want to sound like a nitpicker, and I love the colours of the village and I love the sea but for some reason (and it's probably me) they don't seem to fit together. I can't explain why that is, it just doesn't gel somehow. Sorry, I do like it though.

Andy

It could well be the way i've layered the two exposures, one for the rocks and village, and one for the sky. Gives a somewhat false mood to the scene as the foreground was a lot darker.

Thanks Stelly. I wasnt sure if I needed to bring out the rocks a bit more?? Its my first crack at exposure blending using layers and it seems to be a fine line between looking fake and bringing out the details.

Very nice shots, especially the first. Love the colours, movement in the water and the light hitting those buildings is fantastic.

cheeky bump with 2 more added :)

#3 is well worth a bump in anyone's money. Those parasols are excellent, loads of great colours. I feel the need to dig out some images from Sardinia. Well done.

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys. Pleased you like them!

Back