B&W City Bank

As above, lovely capture and processing.

Tony

I really like the processing and the cityscape. The only thing for me is that there is too much of the foreground that I don't feel adds to the shot. Wonder how it would look as a panoramic crop?

Lovely shot. Never even been down on the banks myself.

As Adrian said, it could have done with just something in the bottom left like a boat to give a little more zip.

Being lower could have helped, but then you'd lose a lot of the river, though maybe might have kept the bottom right area.

I love it though :D

EDIt: Just seen your other one, We Are Proud Individuals and feel thats got thekind of foreground I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Shows that we are all, thankfully, different. I am no expert but I prefer City Bank. There just seems to be too much going on in Proud Individuals and the City buildings look to be lacking in comparison to the former - both very nice shots though.

MAy I ask what NDs you are using Tony? I'm going to have a whirl myself over the coming weeks with my Camdiox 10 stop.

I love this! I really like the foreground, it's very natural and a great contrast to the buildings on the other side of the river.

I think the contrasting neglected foreground and the expansive modern City buildings say a lot about the cultural divisions and wealth separation in adjacent parts of London, so more of a story really.

It all depends on your own perceptions I suppose.

Thanks for the nice comments.

MAy I ask what NDs you are using Tony? I'm going to have a whirl myself over the coming weeks with my Camdiox 10 stop.

Darren, I'm using B+W.

I think the contrasting neglected foreground and the expansive modern City buildings say a lot about the cultural divisions and wealth separation in adjacent parts of London, so more of a story really.

It all depends on your own perceptions I suppose.

You mean how much nicer it is the right side of the river ;-)

That is a cracking example of the skyline.....really nice.

Back