Clacton, Essex

Name
Sam Judge
Edit My Images
No
Clacton On Sea, a coastal town in Essex, England is somewhere I've been visiting since I was a child and my grandmother moved there. I've got a love hate relationship with the place, it's perpetually stuck in the past like most coastal towns. Here's a collection of photographs from my latest trip (from my Flickr page, so slightly smaller):

4056868630_3b6881733e.jpg

4056127017_325b315236.jpg

4056129789_a8c344a062.jpg

4056871218_ba9d50caf3.jpg

4056872090_9a510ebda1.jpg

4056869838_e2f99de5ab.jpg

Hi there,

one thing to watch out for is to try and keep your horizons level, as generally photos dont look quite right when tilted. Somehow you have managed to tilt your horizon almost the exact amount of degrees in every shot! an impressive feat! ;)

I quite like the last shot of the shell, but i think you should try placing the shell away from the centre of the frame to give it more impact.

Ewan

Haha thanks for the comment :) maybe one of my arms is longer than the other one or something! I will definitely keep it in mind for the future, I don't shoot landscapes too much and it seems like a really obvious mistake looking back at it it :) many thanks for your comments

I aprticularly like the last shot (shell) and would agree with Ewans comments

You definitely need to sort those horizons out. Easy thing to do but at the moment the most glaringly obvious thing to me is that minimal consideration was taken as far as the composition and framing goes. this may not be the case but it is what comes across.

I like the second and the last. Both have a certain abstract appeal.

Back