Clone stamp problem in CS6

Edit My Images
No
Hi I'm having problems with the clone stamp tool in CS6 - basically it is not always working and i cannot work out why.

I've googled and only found a couple of threads about it, but none of the possible solutions are right - i seem to have all the right settings:
  • 100% opacity
  • 'all layers' selected
  • 100% flow
  • mode = normal
has anyone experienced this and have a solution?

thanks!

Does it work with just one layer?

Thanks for replies:

admirable: doesn't seem to
Craig: yes
sk66: normal

i just tried opening a different image and it was working so it must be something to do with what i've done so far.

thing is i still get the 'crosshairs' when i press control click but it just doesn't have any effect when i then click on the target area

i may have got my editing the wrong way round perhaps

i already highlighted a selecteion and created a new layer for it, as i wanted to brighten the features of a landscape without affecting the sky

but i wanted to tidy up up edges afterwards - I should have done so before affecting the change i guess - is it that which is stopping me?

Thanks for replies:

admirable: doesn't seem to
Craig: yes
sk66: normal

i just tried opening a different image and it was working so it must be something to do with what i've done so far.

thing is i still get the 'crosshairs' when i press control click but it just doesn't have any effect when i then click on the target area

i may have got my editing the wrong way round perhaps

i already highlighted a selecteion and created a new layer for it, as i wanted to brighten the features of a landscape without affecting the sky

but i wanted to tidy up up edges afterwards - I should have done so before affecting the change i guess - is it that which is stopping me?

Not sure if it changes in later versions of Photoshop?
but on a Windows PC I normally Alt-click the area of your image that you want to clone.

I fell foul of this when I started, trying to paste empty pixels because the layer I'd sampled had nothing in that area. I've always cloned from one layer to another, or from one are on the same layer, I don't know what you've got on all your layers or what selecting 'all layers' does.

Back