Close up filters

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm planing a little project and I was just wondering if these are worthwhile. Lens I'll be using is a 50mm 1.8

As with most things, Sean, you get what you pay for. There are plenty of cheap ones about that really just don't cut it. Equally, Canon's 250D and 500D dioptres, along with some produced by B&W, are excellent....the Raynox offerings fall somewhere in the middle. You might also consider an extension tube or two if this will achieve the same thing for you (you don't say why you want them)

Bob

Last edited:
I would say extension tubes. But ones with the comtacts. I brought some today actually off ebay. 27quid. Contacts and metal mounts. Again you can get some for 100quid but as its just a spacer with contacts get that you require not a rebrand with a fancy name

I'm planing a little project and I was just wondering if these are worthwhile. Lens I'll be using is a 50mm 1.8

If you get a decent set even the cheap ones can give ok results. I have a set of cheap Kood ones (cost £28 but this was some years ago) and IMVHO the results are quite good even when they're stacked. DoF can be razor thin though.

Back