Cloud Service for Backing-Up Images

If you are on BT Infinity you get up to 50Gb of cloud storage as standard. However I don't find it as useful as DropBox for image storage and distribution. . Plus DropBox lets you easily share images and folders with clients or friends. DropBox gives you 3GB of storage free, and then charges you. I pay about £6.50/month for 100Gb of cloud storage.

Dropbox is sharing and miles to expensive for a backup solution

I use Amazon Glacier at 1c a Gb so all movies, photos, music and documents are backed up and it works out about £7 a month for over 800Gb

Will do - what does "max the upload" mean exactly ? Limitless uploading ?
I would assume he's referring to upload speed. Dropbox is quite slow for example, whereas google drive will upload at the max speed my line can handle.

http://photokaz.com/2013/10/home-computer-backup-strategy/

This is an excellent blog post from a friend of mine who is an IT guy and great photographer.

Thanks for that - will check it out.

If you are on BT Infinity you get up to 50Gb of cloud storage as standard. However I don't find it as useful as DropBox for image storage and distribution. . Plus DropBox lets you easily share images and folders with clients or friends. DropBox gives you 3GB of storage free, and then charges you. I pay about £6.50/month for 100Gb of cloud storage.

Strangely I get 52.67GB free with Dropbox. No idea why, but one day they sent me an email saying so. I think it's because I hooked my Samsung Android phone up to Dropbox, and for some reason they gave me extra storage.

Dropbox is sharing and miles to expensive for a backup solution

I use Amazon Glacier at 1c a Gb so all movies, photos, music and documents are backed up and it works out about £7 a month for over 800Gb

Glacier does look good actually. And it's Amazon, so it is trustworthy in my opinion.

I would assume he's referring to upload speed. Dropbox is quite slow for example, whereas google drive will upload at the max speed my line can handle.

Ah I see - upload speed would be more of a factor for me if I actually had fast internet. :(

You will need to buy a client to use Amazon Glacier (I use cloudberry desktop, cost £30 or so)

I went for it because it's Amazon and I trust them. It is all about trust

The dropbox-samsung extra storage does expire after 2 years, mine disappears in a month or so!

Only thing to remember with amazon glacier is it does start to cost you if you want to get data out too often.

I bought this software last week Arq and use it in conjunction with Amazon S3 "Glacier" class storage. I am using it as an archive and only intend to restore the data if every other backup of my data fails. I am very pleased thus far :)

I'm using Amazon Glacier for about 350GB of data. There is an app for my Synology NAS that takes care of automatically syncing my archive up to Glacier.

Back