Coal Tit on a rock.

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Been busy doing other things on the estate and have taken very few photos lately. I had a few hours in my hide yesterday, been experimenting with different props and stuff, came up with stuff like this.

Coal Tit April 1 by Fracster, on Flickr

Thanks Trev.

Cracking shot, I really like it. BG really compliments the bird, moss and stone.

Cheers Carl.

The sika hinds are fairly heavily pregnant at the moment, as soon as they start having the calves i`ll give you a shout and we`ll pop up for the afternoon.

Thanks Brian and Neil.

Used my D800 with the 70-200 and a 1.7tc, I like that combo for smaller birds out of the hide.

Nice one, as said surroundings really help bring it out :)

Thanks for commenting Roger, I keep trying different perches, trying to get away from the "bird on a single twig" that I seemed to have got snared on.

Cheers Carl.

The sika hinds are fairly heavily pregnant at the moment, as soon as they start having the calves i`ll give you a shout and we`ll pop up for the afternoon.

That'll be brilliant. :cool: Thanks Ade.

A very pleasing Coalie shot Ade, great light and very good control of the highlights.

cheers guys

Thanks Joe.

Hi Ade
Like that one mate everything in the image works well.
Regards
Richard

good image - nice to see the clear differences in colours within the bird - they are really delicate creatures

Ade, you seem to get some "good" light into your shots

Well done

Last edited:
cheers all.

Bill, my hides are situated specifically for good light, mid morning to late evening. It is of paramount importance to me when siting them. Mind you, it is dull and grey most if the year up here.

cheers all.

Bill, my hides are situated specifically for good light, mid morning to late evening. It is of paramount importance to me when siting them. Mind you, it is dull and grey most if the year up here.

thanks Ade - I have just bought one of those portable hides and am just looking where to put it in the garden - it's not easy as they have quite a restricted view and getting the right "light" position is difficult ……… also my wife wants me to "hide" the hide

do you have a garden shed you could utilise rather than a pop up hide?

do you have a garden shed you could utilise rather than a pop up hide?

Living in rural France we have got quite a lot of land with all types of habitat - plus within a few hundred years there are streams and almost water meadows.

I thought about the shed option and building some proper fold up windows - like the ones in the UK hides - particular after finding that the thing that I have just bought is totally restrictive - I can go into the wooded bit - (the Golden Orioles have just arrived, - with the hide and it will be useful - I have been scouting these birds for the past few years but have only got near them by accident - I know where they are - one of three spots - but they just play a game with me).
As you indicate the shed is the best option with fold up slots all the way around - I'll look into buying one

Make one Bill, so much cheaper and can be made to your specs bud.

Lovely detailed shot.......

Back