Coast of Hartland, Devon.

Name
Chris S
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken this evening.

_MG_1249.jpg

Thank you! That's exactly why I wanted it in the shot. :)

It's a very nice shot but i reckon it would work even better as a narrower crop to remove more of the foreground. Give it a nice wide vista which makes it feel a stronger image.

You have "edit my images" flagged as yes so hope you don't mind:
View attachment 15818

Love the way you've captured the light on this one Chris. I just about agree with the comments on the cotttages, but not if it includes the buildings on top of the hill above them. If you are local to this, I'm wondering if it's possible to move a bit to the right and draw the white cottages "closer" to the coastline? This would keep the cottages in, take out the buildings on the hill and generally tighten up the composition a bit. Just a thought mind, as it's a good shot as it stands.

It's a very nice shot but i reckon it would work even better as a narrower crop to remove more of the foreground. Give it a nice wide vista which makes it feel a stronger image.

You have "edit my images" flagged as yes so hope you don't mind:

Of course, all input is appreciated. I think I'll have to agree with you.

Love the way you've captured the light on this one Chris. I just about agree with the comments on the cotttages, but not if it includes the buildings on top of the hill above them. If you are local to this, I'm wondering if it's possible to move a bit to the right and draw the white cottages "closer" to the coastline? This would keep the cottages in, take out the buildings on the hill and generally tighten up the composition a bit. Just a thought mind, as it's a good shot as it stands.

I did attempt the shot to the right, but unfortunately it didn't work as all the detail on the cliff face was lost. I'm always passing so I may go attempt it again.

Wonderful image, is that Lundy in the back ground.

It certainly is!

Thanks for all the input so far...

Ive visited this coast many time and seen a few sun sets there -- and you've nailed it Chris, beautiful picture,

Geoff

Yep I can see what people mean re the building on top but the light and composition for me work! Maybe this is the best shot that can be taken at this location ? It really is super

Thanks for sharing it Chris.

Back