Coastal Sunrise

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
lovely shots of one of my local haunts. first one is a really nice concept - definitely adding it to my todo list :)

lovely shots of one of my local haunts. first one is a really nice concept - definitely adding it to my todo list :)

Cheers Stu, yeah i got soaked for the first shot lying down on the rocks. I really would like a 10 stop filter for this kind of work, my 4 stop just isn't enough.

Its a cracking place for golden hour at Berwick Upon Tweed, will be returning soon hopefully.

Nice work Andy liking the approach of #1 get in there!! reflection in 5 must say well spotted hat off to you on that one, and #6 being my favourite from the set nice end to what appears to have been a great day.
Regards
Kevin :)

Cheers Kevin, yeah it was a good time for photography, we'd been talking about going to the coast for a while and the weather was perfect mon night so we just took the opertunity.

No1 was the most fun to get, lying in rock pools with the button half pressed down and one eye on the size of the waves coming in. No5 i loved the lines in the sand but couldn't quite find a shot so i walked all round it till the reflection popped out, an inch or two either way and it was gone.

Thanks for looking.

oh i love sunrises and sunsets.....

Good to see all the horizons spot on.. I can rest my OCD on this....

No 2 I love but I would make a small crop to it... would crop off the rocks at the bottom and then as needs be to get the H on the top line of 1/3rds.... (I would show yuo what i mean but you have the red x!)

Could quite easily imagine 1 as an "abstract" / no specific location on the wall in an office reception.

oh i love sunrises and sunsets.....

Good to see all the horizons spot on.. I can rest my OCD on this....

No 2 I love but I would make a small crop to it... would crop off the rocks at the bottom and then as needs be to get the H on the top line of 1/3rds.... (I would show yuo what i mean but you have the red x!)

Could quite easily imagine 1 as an "abstract" / no specific location on the wall in an office reception.

Yeah the red x is only there to prevent wild butchers :LOL: i'm ok with reasonable edits if someone asks, crop away. I spent time making sure the horizons were right....we can't have an ocd epidemic on our hands!

Last edited:
Wow #1 is fantastic! Really original, looks like a volcano erupting, love the simplicity of #5 as well - Great work (y)

Wow #1 is fantastic! Really original, looks like a volcano erupting

Errrr, just noticed your title for this.... 'lava'.... bed time for me I think :whistle:

:D

Last edited:
Great shots.

I was in Berwick at the weekend too for the Minden celebrations.
I should have stayed off the drink and went to the beach instead. :LOL:

Back