Cobra lookalike?

:LOL: :LOL: :p

Charlie, I think you could set yourself up a nice little internet business with stuff like that :clap: You are right about grain in wood though, it just makes every piece that little bit unique ;)

Edit: and a VERY Merry Christmas to you Sir *big hug*

Being serious for a mo.
This last few months have been hard on my old body & I have reluctantly decided I am getting slower in my sawmilling & forest work. I can no longer jump out of the way if things go wrong:(
It will be a hard decision to stop though.

I am looking to maybe develop the scroll saw work a bit so that I can at least keep my hands working wood without doing much more damage to the old bones.
I am thinking of doing as you suggest but have not got a clue where to start!
Might have a wee think about it over the festive season.
A local craft shop has shown an interest in some of my stuff too:)

I am thinking of doing as you suggest but have not got a clue where to start!
Might have a wee think about it over the festive season.
A local craft shop has shown an interest in some of my stuff too:)

Local craft shops would be a good start Charlie
there is always the dreaded flea-bay
( have a look and see if there is similar
type of work on there and how much it sells for).
Then make up your mind if you think its worth going down that route.
My daughter runs an internet bussiness and if you need any questions answered I will do my best or indeed ask her for you (y)

My daughter runs an internet bussiness and if you need any questions answered I will do my best or indeed ask her for you (y)

Cheers for that. I will probably needs lots of advice & suggestions.
The hardest bit will be winding down the other side of things:crying:

I would pretty much agree with Chris. Fleabay aint perfect , but its a starting point. I do recall buying from a very popular seller a couple of years ago, candle holders made from driftwood, so 'crafts' will sell. However, definately target craft shops.

I can understand the feeling that maybe its time to wonder about what to do when you can no longer do the 'big' stuff, so maybe you have found yourself a niche that will keep you doing what you love...I hope so Charlie, because if that is you 'playing', I can only imagine what 'serious' would produce. ;)

I would pretty much agree with Chris.

faint.gif
:D

I would pretty much agree with Chris. Fleabay aint perfect , but its a starting point. I do recall buying from a very popular seller a couple of years ago, candle holders made from driftwood, so 'crafts' will sell. However, definately target craft shops.

I can understand the feeling that maybe its time to wonder about what to do when you can no longer do the 'big' stuff, so maybe you have found yourself a niche that will keep you doing what you love...I hope so Charlie, because if that is you 'playing', I can only imagine what 'serious' would produce. ;)

Thank you for those kind words & also your thoughts.
As you can imagine, having spent 40+ years among timber it is going to be very hard to stop.
Lately though I have felt an accident is only round the corner. Never used to think like that not even when they sewed some bits back on:LOL:

Lately though I have felt an accident is only round the corner. Never used to think like that not even when they sewed some bits back on:LOL:

OUCH! Nothing too important I trust :D

OUCH! Nothing too important I trust :D

Index finger on right hand... twice:LOL:
Second time I was training a new start & somehow my finger got tangled between the log haul chain & a 6 inch girder.:LOL::LOL:

That explains all my duff shots. trigger finger does not work right now!

Last edited:
Did it not hurt sufficiently the first time Charlie ?
:D (sorry for grinning :))

First time was when I was sawing wood for making bagpipes. The cicular saw just sort of "rattled" among the bones. Second time it was sheared off. Never felt a thing. Though I was told my language was rather "agricultural" when I was coming round from the anisthetic:LOL:
I apologised to the nurses & bribed them with a big box of chocs:D

Very artistic and great workmanship. Like you say its something you could do if you decide to retire.

Thank you. I was actually retired off from my firm 3 years ago. Day after they did the deed I started on my own.
Sawdust in the veins you see.:LOL:

First time was when I was sawing wood for making bagpipes. The cicular saw just sort of "rattled" among the bones. Second time it was sheared off. Never felt a thing. Though I was told my language was rather "agricultural" when I was coming round from the anisthetic:LOL:
I apologised to the nurses & bribed them with a big box of chocs:D

As before OUCH!
Ah but you can't be blamed for you use of "Gaelic" :D when in recovery
as you are not responsible 'till the anaesthetic wears off (y) :D

As before OUCH!
Ah but you can't be blamed for you use of "Gaelic" :D when in recovery
as you are not responsible 'till the anaesthetic wears off (y) :D

True but it was nice giving the bonnie nurses a wee something:D

Good point well presented (y)

Some how I think we have veered way off the original topic:LOL:
Think I will toddle off to bed now. Squirrels will need their Christmas breakfast tomorrow before anything else is done.
Goodnight & Merry Christmas tall all on TP.

Think I will toddle off to bed now. Squirrels will need their Christmas breakfast tomorrow before anything else is done.

LOL It started a p'ss take and ended up quite friendly
must be the season of good will and all that
Have a good one Charlie (y)

g'night Charlie and a special helping of christmas nuts [shush Chris :p ] to the reds from me please. Merry Christmas ;)

First think I saw at the hide this morning A nice healthy looking red chewing on his nuts. Gave them some extra as requested.(y)
Hope you all have a nice day.

First think I saw at the hide this morning A nice healthy looking red chewing on his nuts. Hope you all have a nice day.

Had an itch did he Charlie :shrug: :D
Have a good one mate (y)

Morning charlie and the red nutty ones :wave: Have a great day. Going to walk the dogs in the woods shortly, no reds there to feed, they dont come this far south, but will take camera and see if anythnig interesting is around. (y)

Thank you. Hope Santa was good to you.(y)
Nice sunny crisp winter day here & I will be stuck inside most of the day:(

Yes I know its an old thread but this still warrants a mention.
I did indeed receive the afore mentioned "Study of Cobra in wood"
By Sawman Esq. This very day :)

The detailing is just superb :clap:
So I will say it loud and Clear
for one an all to hear

Thank you Charlie (y)

Yes I know its an old thread but this still warrants a mention.
I did indeed receive the afore mentioned "Study of Cobra in wood"
By Sawman Esq. This very day :)

The detailing is just superb :clap:
So I will say it loud and Clear
for one an all to hear

Thank you Charlie (y)

Weesht mannie y'll mak me blush:)
You are very welcome(y)

lovely bit of work on a nice looking piece of oak,charlie :clap:

until some oik turned it to pink..:LOL:

Cheers. It came from quite a big log I milled for fixing an old fishing boat.
As to the pink think. I think he enjoys being pink:naughty:

until some oik turned it to pink..:LOL:

Have you never seen a
pink oak :shrug::D
But I promise faithfully not to do that to the original
That is now in my grubby little mitts (y)

Back