COBRAS NUTTERS WHIPSNADE MEET (put em in here folks)

well I asked the Cheetahs for a gob shot but they weren't feeling polite

gob1.jpg

but I did catch some Rhino drifting

rhino1.jpg

Then it was time to leave.....

arse.jpg

Last edited:
Some nice photos so far, but mainly laughing at Brians :ROFLMAO:

Here are a few of mine but there are loads in a Flickr set HERE

Pygmy Marmoset
by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

Dwarf Mongoose

Northern Lynx

American Flamingo

Jackass Penguin

Reticulated Giraffe

Some nice photos so far, but mainly laughing at Brians :ROFLMAO:

Here are a few of mine but there are loads in a Flickr set HERE

Pygmy Marmoset

Dwarf Mongoose

Northern Lynx

American Flamingo

Jackass Penguin

Reticulated Giraffe
loving that flamingo yv, the water drop is very cool. cheers mike.

Don't invest yet, get something like Gimp or Picassa which are free and will do all the basics you need initially, break you in gently ;)

I tried GIMP but found it too bloated for my initial needs. I've downloaded Photplus so will see what that's like, although Adobe offers an online editor and Pixlr seems ok?

Yes superb shots all of them but the drifting rhino is brilliant:)

Really nice collection so far (y)
The penguin is hilarious and I love both lion shots - the sleepers would be my favourite if the colour was corrected ;)

Wish I could have made it up for this. :(
Sure there will be other meets there though :)
Particular likes are the drifters, the dozing lionesses (why did the thought of Yv and Ingrid spring to mind?!) and the ninja Marmoset.

Picturse? Pictures?
Were we at the same meet guys? :D

Love the drifting Rhino Brian (y)

Looks like much fun was had and some great shots too. The one which deserves a mention for me is Yv's giraffe, love that crop/DoF combo :clap:

I do like your first lynx shot Andy, pretty good for straight out of the camera and the sleepy lions (y)
Yvonnes penguin made me laugh too:ROFLMAO:

Some good pictures all round, I didn't take that many bit just a few for you to laugh at :D

Ooh look he's back again !

12028736654_84e48bc47d_b.jpg

I'll just stare back

12028734514_44db9460c9_b.jpg

Ok so will I

12029212016_218b29265e_b.jpg

Just pretend they aren't there

12029194456_c815cf4502_b.jpg

Oh no................................ they found us

12028629663_cb89d5750c_b.jpg

Daft looking lot

12028627863_854797f4df_b.jpg

More here on flicker if anyone wants to see them

Great head shot Ingrid (y)

It's funny how some of these shots would be ignored if they weren't associated with a meet .... I see some of them are absolutely fabulous as keepsakes of an event I didn't even attend!
How many times have I seen the lions sleeping, but not captured these shots???? Love em!

Well we have to point our camera's at something between coffee breaks.

We do have the odd camera break between the coffee hours you know :D

Shame you couldn't get away Neil, you missed a good day :)

Last edited:
I'm struggling to links to the thread....'cause I'm daft.
But I was happy....and love seeing anyone elses.

Love your Cheetah staring back at you, Ingrid.

Liking the lurking Lynx too.

Ok, so my top of the pics list from here goes like this.... Mike, your wolf; Brian's drifting rhino; Andy's cheetah portrait; Yv's [who's she? she really should change her avatar] flamingo and finally so far, Ingrids UPRIGHT lion, they do move, they are alive :banana: :ROFLMAO:

Loads of great photos have come out of yesterday - personally I think I probably had my 2nd best day there [the snowy trip was still the best] in terms of actually being happy some of the photos I got (y)

Looks like much fun was had and some great shots too. The one which deserves a mention for me is Yv's giraffe, love that crop/DoF combo :clap:

Thanks Gary, not much else we could do with the giraffes, they were locked inside where it was warm, but they have a raised viewing platform in their enormous shed, so managed pretty much that one picture ;)

way better nice one(y) as you have the edit my photos checked, i had a little play. hope you don't mind, cheers mike.

not my photo
by Mike Rockey, on Flickr

Not a problem at all :) but it would of great benefit to me if you described what you did. I found a program called 'Chasys Draw IES' and just used it's auto correct, which is probably the wrong way to do it :whistle:

.'cause I'm daft.
and love seeing anyone elses.
as a a single bloke, I really regret not making the effort to join this 'photography meet!

Love your Cheetah staring back at you, Ingrid.

Liking the lurking Lynx too.

Thanks Nod much appreciated, and Yvonne they do move about sometimes, think Chris has pics of them in a tree :eek:

here's mine don't laugh, well if I could.
they are on picasa 3 so how do I transfer them.
you lot are going to ignore me soon. lol.

Some great shots everyone, particularly like @mrgubby (Brian's) Rhino and @Yv s flamingo and giraffe. I might have to pay another visit in May :)

Like the sleeping lions @andy0306. See you don't need a big camera ;). Looking forward to seeing yours too @sam51. As everyone has said stick with it and be patient, you'll get there. Sorry can't help you on the Picassa front as I've never used it.
Great eye contact on the 3rd cheetah shot Ingrid (@Gremlin). Its kind of "go on then if you must" :D

All in all a great day and looking forward to the next :D

Last edited:
Back