cold fingers!!

Name
steve
Edit My Images
Yes
as an ageing sports photographer my fingers get the most coldest during the cold weather, does anyone know what is the best glove around that I can use while shooting sports events in the cold

Fingerless gloves.
You can buy some with a mitten end that you can pull over.

Or else you can use your pockets!

Seal skins?
I bought a part of Sealskinz. Both fingers and thumbs had flaps that could be folded back and back again. Quality gear, nice and thin and despite this they kept my hands warm on a rather cold Scotland meet.

Not cheap but I'd recommend them. Naff internet connection so unable to post a link.

Cheers.

I have bought many gloves over the years, from fingerless mitts on the market to £80 Alpine gucci models.
I am constantly amazed by how well gloves in the lower price bracket preform. Whats more, it hurts a lot less when you lose one.
Those Stealth gloves look good but I would urge you to try a pair on before buying, nothing worse than ill fitting gloves.

Dave

I use fingerless glove that I bought from Millets for about £12. They are made of thinsulate and have a PVC Palm which gives you quite a good grip on the camera. They keep my hands and fingers warm whatever the weather.

Aquatech Sensory Gloves for me. Suitable holes in the thumb and forefinger and an internal divider that you can hide them behind when not shooting.

Bob

I don't actually feel the cold that badly, but when I'm washing the car in the winter, I wear a pair of surgeons gloves, and they stop my digits getting cold. Seems to me, that if you wear a pair of these under fingerless gloves, you'll get the best of both worlds - reasonably warm fingers with the ability to manipulate camera controls, unless you are using a touch screen.

Macwet, buy half a size smaller than you think you need, I can even do paperwork wearing mine.

As above, the MacWet range are fantastic for grip and thin enough to feel the buttons while keeping the digits warm. I had a pair of these http://www.macwet.com/products/buy-climatec-long.php until someone decided they wanted them more than I did. I do intend on getting another pair as they are great gloves and I also intend on getting a Micromesh pair for spring/summer/autumn in case it rains when i'm out on my scooter.
I've got 2 pairs of cycling mitts at the moment, one pair fingerless and the other with full fingers, and both are pretty good for chilly days out with the camera. I don't think they'd stand up to a full day in really cold weather but for a couple of hours out they are okay for me.

I was bought a set of Lowepro gloves a while ago, which work well and I'm pleased with them, they also have the little rubber dots over them to aid grip when using them

North Face e tip gloves.. Great for using touch screen phones or tablet as well without having to remove

Back