COLD WINDY DARTMOOR

Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks, big hi to everyone after months of lurking and plucking up the courage here goes with my first set. Been into this game for about 18 months but only just got a half decent camera.

After reading some threads on Dartmoor yesterday I grabbed the gear and nipped out before dusk to make the most of a window in the weather. Conditions where hard with the wind threatening to blow everything over but was nice to be out with no-one around.

The location is Nuns Cross farm near Princetown Dartmoor, the farm is on the edge of Fox Tor Mire, famous for the location of the Hound Of the Baskervilles, it is a very eirree place and I tryed to capture this here especially in the B&W's

Really after some critique and comments as new to the game and would like to know where I can improve so please feel free to be as harsh as you like
1#
12143545054_ef7855e01c_c.jpg

2#
12143798966_1d1d43f869_c.jpg

3#
12143139845_36c485727c_c.jpg

4#
12143794676_353546b174_z.jpg

5#
12143535374_4f21d26a5c_c.jpg

Last edited:
No 3 for me, the mixture of foreground, sky and great colours really make it a nice picture

A lovely set, especially for first time posting.
My favourites are 1 and 3 with 1 being the top of the list, my only small niggle would be a tiny bit more needed at the bottom to include all the water but...shooting into the sun is far far from easy and you've done a terrific job.

I would agree with Martyn with No1 and 3 being the best of a good set.

With No2 I feel its either needs to be a shot of the sun or the building?
The lone tree has just clipped a branch of the left hand side and the last building shot I do not like the way its on an angle.

However I keep going back to the first, and its got such atmosphere. A cracking picture.

Thanks folks for the critique ruffy ,huffy and martyn 1 and 3 are also my faves. To be brutally honest I fluked the pool in the foreground didn't even notice it until I got home gives it some foreground interest. I have found a couple of my fav picks have been flukes or beginners luck. Not sure what went in with the drunk farmhouse was trying a different perspective .And the tree didn't notice the branch either think I need to pay a bit moor attention when composing , it was hard in that wind you should see the junk I sent to trash.all helpful comments cheers

Think you need a spirit level, verticals are not very on most of the farm house shots. I like the mood in #3
Puddle in #1 should be there or not, missing a little bit out distracts from it being there.

Back