Collembola

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Well after @hoftwi found a Tomocerus minor/vigularis not sure which most likely minor now.

I had to see if I could find something different from the usual Cincta etc

These ones are quite a tuned to light and have a tendency to run away from it. So I was chasing this little thing around stopping it disappearing down the cracks in the paving slabs.

Shot with reversed 18-55mm at 18mm and near closest focus.

Collembola-5695-06
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Collembola-5698-09
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Collembola-5696-07
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

Very clear shots Byrn :plus1:

Ever since my last post of the springtail, I couldn't get any more of them with better focus, they ran as fast as the spider mite but with darker colour, not that easy to see and chase them :( i won't give up tho,i will get them again:p

jeez, those are crazy good shots of a Springtail Bryn.

Nice work Bryn, looking forward to getting back to the collembola, and my favourite little Dicyrtominas!

Don't you bloody start lol I have trouble finding globbies but guess I'm looking in wrong place. Need to cut back my wild garden so I can lay on the grass. Thanks for the comment.

jeez, those are crazy good shots of a Springtail Bryn.

Thanks Ian I do love the reversed lens. :)

Nice captures of this good looking springtail, Bryn. How do you control the aperture with this reversed 18-55?

I don't lol. I set it to F11 before reversing not yet had a scenerio I need to change it bar a studio stack of a dead hover. So I could do that taking my time. Think a old lens with aperture ring is probably best solution.

Ha...that's what I thought. So you set it to F11 while the lens was mounted on a camera body, and dismount it while pressing and holding the DOF Preview button, right?

I did that with my Tamron 17-50 lens and the aperture jammed up right away. Cost me $$$ to repair...sigh :(

Ha...that's what I thought. So you set it to F11 while the lens was mounted on a camera body, and dismount it while pressing and holding the DOF Preview button, right?

I did that with my Tamron 17-50 lens and the aperture jammed up right away. Cost me $$$ to repair...sigh :(

Thats right I remember you saying. Not sure why that happened to you but not good. Think that scared me from trying on any other lens don't really mind doing it on a £60 lens.

Thats right I remember you saying. Not sure why that happened to you but not good. Think that scared me from trying on any other lens don't really mind doing it on a £60 lens.

Not sure but I think it had something to do with my drybox RH at that time. I used to had it set at 43%RH. Too low/dry I guess. Now it's at 48.

Back