Critique Colour opinions

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi all. Not often I post photos of family as we're quite private in the sense of social media etc, but would love some opinions on the processing of this pic of my step daughter.

I can't help but think I over did the saturation, particularly the red on her shirt (although it is very bright in reality). However dialling it back felt a little bland. Would appreciate some opinions on whether i should dial back the whole frame or just mask the shirt area and dial it back a little so its less distracting?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

BC3A2316.jpg

On my calibrated screen it looks OK for saturation. The skin tones are a little cool and all the rest of the colours are quite subdued.

Thanks, my screen isn't calibrated but I don't disagree. If I pushed it further then the shirt seemed over the top so perhaps I should do a mask.

Last edited:
I'd try warming up the image with yellows to complement the red, I think the T-shirt is a feature of the photo but it is a bit strong compared to the red. Adjust the hue of the greens to complement, and saturate the eyes, its a nice pic.

The saturation looks fine to me but I'm not so sure about the vignetting and overall dullness although the latter could be a result of this being an accurate capture of the light at the time. Nice expression though and I can imagine you looking at this picture often.

Back