Colourful little bird

Very good Den, bright spots don`t detract from the shot at all,IMO.

Nice one.

I don't mind the bright spots. They stop the background from being too uniform.

Don't often see them that unkempt, very nice Den.

Comments appreciated ,I would like to add that the shot was taken in RAW and from the PP I have not used the saturation slider and I have upped the vibrancy by 25% .

Whatever the differences Den and I have, you surely have to accept that this is a bloody good shot.

I find it odd that shots of lesser quality get more responses.

Yep I would agree. Its a damn fine image and deserves its place in any portfolio of these birds. Having this type of image is really good as we all tend to be a bit anal about catching everything in its ideal pose, plumage etc.

New 'fancy' variety there Den :D
Attractive little bird, well captured.

Can`t fault it in any way, very good shot, lovely colours.

Love the second one Den, what length lens did you use, i am hopefully going on a trip to shoot these, i need to hire a lens, they guess i will be about 6 metres away from them, so i am wondering if its a 300/500m lens, never shot these before,

Love the second one Den, what length lens did you use, i am hopefully going on a trip to shoot these, i need to hire a lens, they guess i will be about 6 metres away from them, so i am wondering if its a 300/500m lens, never shot these before,
These latest Kingfisher shots were taken on a local river, I am lucky enough to be a short distance away from them so I can always find time to pop down with a hide set up ,place a perch and wait ,these are not workshop images just a area were I know the Kingfishers are very active ,I set up with a 300mm F4 and try and get as close as I can ,usually around 12 feet away ,if light is on my side I will use the 400mm 5.6 but all depends on how high the river is for setting up hide....

Back