Critique Commer Vintage Vehicle

Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi took this photograph while out on a Vintage Vehicle Road Run in Lanark it is of a 1958 Commer, I was going to use it for a POTY shot but decided against it. I would be interested in what you think of it.

It was quite an overcast dull day with just a smidgen of blue sky, I attempted to take it without the in camera flash but the photographs were quite flat looking. I did not use full power on the flash I had to manually set it, not sure if I have used the flash settings correctly as this is only the second time of having to dial in the flash settings myself.

Thanks in advance
Carol
View attachment 19834

I think its a good effort Carol. You seem to have balanced the ambient light well with the flash. If I had shot it I would be pleased, but thats not always saying a lot :)

In haste ;)

As you allow for editing here is a quick run using USM LCE settings (Low Contrast Enhancement) given time I would also try to remove the flash hotspot(s)
View attachment 19840

I think its a good effort Carol. You seem to have balanced the ambient light well with the flash. If I had shot it I would be pleased, but thats not always saying a lot :)

Hi Steve thanks for your reply, I did try full flash (automatic) but it was far too much! It took several attempts to get what I thought was the right amount.

In haste ;)

As you allow for editing here is a quick run using USM LCE settings (Low Contrast Enhancement) given time I would also try to remove the flash hotspot(s)

Box Brownie thanks for your edit, yes that looks brighter with more pop, I did think about removing the flash hotspots but then decided against it.

Last edited:
Back