Concert Pictures?

Name
Luke
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi.

I am going to a concert with my little neice, And she wants me to take my camara to get some good pictures so she can look back. What settings would i be looking for?.

I was thinking of a low shutter speed 1/100? and leaving the ISO on Auto.

Thanks.

Luke

Make sure you are actually allowed to take a camera in with you!

like car mac says depends on where you going? if its somewhere like the o2, then you got no chance of taking a dSLR in!! none whatsoever. So that leaves the compact. Again depending on the venue, you might be too far away to get good pictures.

all depends on seating\standing position and allowance of what cameras.

Unless it's a school concert type of thing, or something very low key, you definitely won't be able to take a DSLR in! You'd need to have a photo pass.

They're pretty strict on cameras at concerts, so your best bet is probably to take your compact. Saying that, at one concert my friend went to, they weren't even allowing people to use compact cameras! I think that was a one off though...

Its at the MEN, Will have to check about taking the camara aswell. She does plays/musicals for a art school and we wasnt allow to take camaras then either.

Taking here to Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana gulp.

Thanks

Luke

Its at the MEN, Will have to check about taking the camara aswell. She does plays/musicals for a art school and we wasnt allow to take camaras then either.

Taking here to Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana gulp.

Thanks

Luke

miley2_1460258c.jpg

(y)

the tour

It will all very much depend on the available lighting. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can rely on flash because unless you are in the first two rows, it won't be powerful enough to illuminate anything other than the heads of the people in front of you.

I attended a typical concert at the beginning of the week, which had a variety of lighting. I set my camera to the highest ISO I thought I could get away with, without introducing excessive noise. In my case that was 1600. I set my aperture a stop off maximum - as I was using a 1.8 lens, for the most part I was using 2.8 or just wider. This was giving me shutter speeds between 1/60s and 1/125s which I was comfortable to hand hold at without introducing camera shake.

Thanks....

Well i am fairly new to the photography game, When using F stops i have little confidence as i want the shots to come out well, But i am learning as i go. I was expecting no flash or flash gun to work unless your onto of the stage, So was thinking of setting the ISO to auto, And using a low shutter speed 1/60 -1/100 and taking a monopod to keep still.

Luke

if its metalica, darker than a very dark place and you want some action stuff, high iso and 125th +.

Metallica actually has some of the best lights in the business ;)

Hi.

I am going to a concert with my little neice, And she wants me to take my camara to get some good pictures so she can look back. What settings would i be looking for?.

I was thinking of a low shutter speed 1/100? and leaving the ISO on Auto.

Thanks.

Luke

In the MEN, you won't be allowed an SLR in (you can try and smuggle it in). If you do get it in though, the lights Miley is using on this tour are quite nice and bright, you should easily get away with iso 800 - f4 - 1/200.

Back