confusion with colour profiles/management

Name
phil
Edit My Images
No
Hi, i have just got my new laptop and am a little confused with the colour difference on photoshop compared with facebook and flickr etc i have posted a screenshot for an example

Any ideas?

i have never had such a wild difference on my old computer...

Yes watch the Colour profile you export as. I odd that recently. Had reinstalled Lightroom and forgot to change the export profile to srgb.

I have had a play with the colour settings (edit>colour settings) and compared with some friends with no luck, were all stumped by it!

currently the settings are (though have tried several different presets and custom ones)
Abobe rgb 1998 (also had it on the srgb last night with no luck)
us webcoated (swop) v2
spot and gray both 20%

saving is set to srgb

adobe rob is a larger Colour space than srgb. So colours will shift. Go to convert and convert the exiting prifile to srgb

Do you have a specific monitor profile set for your laptop?

I'd also agree that you should set the colour setting within Photoshop to sRGB. Don't use the other settings they will give you weird results. You should also have the profile missmatch alerts enabled. I'd keep everything in sRGB especially if you are publishing to the web

1. Where's the image imported from and does it have a profile embedded? I don't think this has been mentioned?

2. You can have what you like as the working space in PS (I use Adobe RGB and from that you can convert to other profiles (CMYK; sRGB) for specific purposes before exporting / saving as.)

This is almost certainly an embedded colour profile issue.

Images for screen need to be embedded with sRGB.

Photoshop colour settings for screen use.

jdiKpTa.jpg

Back