Cordless Vacuum cleaners

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,
I was thinking of buying a cordless vacuum of some sort for convenience round the house. The Dysons look good but are way expensive!
Anyone got opinions on cheaper alternatives?
Thanks

Have a watch of 'What to buy and why' on iplayer. They tested 3 and the only one that actually hoovered up properly was the dyson. I think the middling vax at £200 was acceptable. Either way they're worse at hoovering than corded cleaners and much, much more expensive.

I wouldn't bother with one personally. I'd live with a bit of cord!

I have a 10 year old Dyson one, to compliment out corded Dyson vacuum cleaner. If when it fails I'll by another one.

I have been looking at the Bosch 25.2V one; around £220 I think. Seems to get a reasonable press...

Anthony.

I have the Dyson V6 absolute, its better than my upright mains dyson dc33, only trouble with dyson cordless is the motorised heads arent interchangeable between different models so theres no way you can use the fluffy type roller head on the absolute model as dyson think its funny to make all models with slightly different electrical connections

Besy model isnt the absolute but go for the total clean model which has a normal carpet head and a fluffy type roller head for hard floors

Makita one is ment to be OK cheap if you already have a battery pack.

We have recently bought a G-Tech Air Ram K9 to deal with two GSD's and one long haired cat. So far the good lady has been very impressed as we have tried almost all K9 type vacuums over the years (except Dyson - spit!) The G-Tech is very light and very powerful, the only downside being that one has to empty the collection chamber more often but we carry a bin liner round with us. One charge will do our four bed bungalow with ease.

Keep an eye on the dyson eBay page, got lovely one there for £150 before Christmas, they're classed as refurbished but are perfect

You can get one of the Dyson models for only £140 from Groupon at the moment - I presume its an older model: Groupon Link

It says the battery time is 15min or 6min in "boost mode" - surely that's not really long enough to be a viable option instead of a normal corded type? I can see how it would nicely supplement a normal vacuum, particularly for the car and around kids but I can't see it as a replacement.

You can get one of the Dyson models for only £140 from Groupon at the moment - I presume its an older model: Groupon Link

It says the battery time is 15min or 6min in "boost mode" - surely that's not really long enough to be a viable option instead of a normal corded type? I can see how it would nicely supplement a normal vacuum, particularly for the car and around kids but I can't see it as a replacement.

The G-Tech charge lasts for 40 minutes which is more than enough for a 4 bed bungalow.

I had this conundrum a few years ago as I was fed up carrying it up stairs etc.
In the end I just bought a 2nd dyson, one for up and one for down.

I still have to much around on the stairs every blue moon but that's no biggie.

Ok so I read this thread on Sunday, don't know why maybe I banged my head, mid life problems, stress who know... but I purchased a Total Clean from the Dyson refurb store, came today and had a go with it, well first I had no idea I lived in such a mess!! My Henry has been put to shame, after using the little Dyson I am shocked how little cleaning power the Henry has! I am a little OCD with things but so far I have to curb my hate for Mr Dyson and say.. I eat my hat!! Big time! Very impressed, now to hand it over to my girl haha :D

Last edited:
Back