Cotswold Landscape

D

Dinsdale

On a recent visit to Bourton on the Water we followed a relative back to Cheltenham. En route we took a detour to Winchcombe and I saw this scene. Not having my camera with me I decided that I'd come back and take some shots. However, upon returning the scene wasn't quite as spectacular as I remembered it. Hey Ho! I had decided to try a long exposure to try and get those moody clouds that I like to see but never tried for. Problem was the clouds had other ideas and ended up just smoothed out. Also I was using a freebie variable ND filter to get the long exposure and I think that played havoc with the exposure as I ended up with a dark vertical band and light edges to the shots. In all I needed a lot of faffing around to get anything half usable in LR5.
As a result I'd really appreciate some feedback on the following shots.

CotswoldLandscapes-4
by RWalton65, on Flickr

CotswoldLandscapes-10
by RWalton65, on Flickr

CotswoldLandscapes-9
by RWalton65, on Flickr

CotswoldLandscapes-8
by RWalton65, on Flickr

CotswoldLandscapes-2
by RWalton65, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. (y)

I don't think the barns are attractive or interesting enough to hold my attention. The whole scene just looks a bit mundane and ordinary I'm afraid.

I think a shot like this can work if you a) Have an interesting focal point like an old stone barn or cottage, and b) Extraordinary light. The two barns together are uncomfortable and the light is ok but not as good as when you first saw it perhaps.

You are of course perfectly right. But having driven out there on the strength of an "oo that'd look good" notion what more could I do. :)

I'm not a massive fan of the pics either, but don't give up, keep trying, keep improving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back