Cottesmore 15th Dec 2010

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
A truly sad day. The weather was bloody cold! :eek: A few ground shots from the day.
I'll try and find time to put some air shots up another time. But grey on grey...:thumbsdown:

DSC_5913.jpg

DSC_5979.jpg

DSC_6031.jpg

DSC_6111.jpg

DSC_6041.jpg

DSC_6105bc.jpg

Very sad :(

I'll always have very fond memories of the Harriers doing their stuff at the airshows.
Incredible aircraft.

Great shots Kev. Love the last one (y)

Great shots, gutted i wasnt in lincoln yesterday for the flypast over the cathedral. And i agree that it may be a decision we live to regret.

great shots mate, better quality than i managed the light wasnt good and the cold was bitter took me all night to warm up again

I think it's a bad decision they have made.

I remember seeing my first one at an air display as a lad and was hooked on them from then on.

It's a sad day alright.

very nice kev it was bloody cold but not as cold as the hearts of the people who decided to get rid of these amazing planes

Great shots Kev, a real shame

I wonder what all the badges and symbols, under the cockpit in picture #4, indicate? I guess they may be records of "kills", if that's the right term, but I wonder what sort specifically.
Maybe someone knows.
Great pics, btw.

John.

As said, bad day, and hopefully a decision that doesnt come back and bite.
Good shots

Normally I have little time for comments bemoaning the retirement of aircraft. Normally they are retired because they are too old, unreliable and have no place in modern warfare.
In this case however, I completely agree with all of you. The GR9 is a modern, highly capable plane which should have been looking forward to its role on the new carriers. It was an insane decision that I am afraid will come back to haunt us one day.
On a lighter note, great photos!

Back