Couple of alternative architectural shots from Glasgow (well 3 really)

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, been a while since I've been on here so I thought I'd post a few of my latest shots for C+C. Took a wander into Glasgow the other week to try to kick start the creativity since it's been lacking lately and it seemed to work (got me shooting more at least). Let me know your thoughts, good, bad or indifferent. Thanks for looking :)

1)
5586313811_5db488d952_b.jpg

2)
5586906984_a11c0a99dd_b.jpg

3)
5586313461_3bf9d12cc4_b.jpg

I didn't think St Mirren fans had that creativity in them. :D I like the first as well. I hate pictures that I have to turn my head to look at and number three just doesn't have that extra something that's needed. Number one is good though. I like the way the sun has struck the tunnel half way up.(y)

I think this set is great. It's a shame the light changes along the tunnel, a fantastic place for a shot though. I like the 'utalitarianism' of the 3rd. I like the fact that the pic is taken observing the CCTV without them seeing you.

Architectural shots - i wish I were any good at these. I like #1, I don't feel the tunnel needs the treatment as in #2 to make it feel more zany/abstract or whatever.

I can't decide about #3. But I'm clearly a little fuddy duddy :D

Thanks for the comment Tina :) I'm not usually one for the weird angles like that in #2 but I was over to the side when I saw the woman at the top and liked the way all the lines were leading right to her.

I didn't think St Mirren fans had that creativity in them. :D I like the first as well. I hate pictures that I have to turn my head to look at and number three just doesn't have that extra something that's needed. Number one is good though. I like the way the sun has struck the tunnel half way up.(y)

LOL, cheers Dougie, some of us have a decent eye...we just don't have a decent team or manager, lol. I think the second shot is a bit of a marmite one tbh and like I said above it's not usually my thing. I went with a more extreme angle so it looked deliberate rather than a mistake. The third one might have looked better had it been a cloudy day with one of those typically Scottish stormy skies overhead and a mono conversion (now I'm thinking I HAVE to go back on one of those days)

I think this set is great. It's a shame the light changes along the tunnel, a fantastic place for a shot though. I like the 'utalitarianism' of the 3rd. I like the fact that the pic is taken observing the CCTV without them seeing you.

Thanks chopchop, I was going for that kind of vibe with the third shot, we get captured on these things so many times every day so I wanted to capture them unaware for a change. Agreed about the light in the tunnel too, would have been nice if it ran the full length but I just loved the way it looked on the beams.

Thanks again for the feedback folks :)

Numbers one and two are probably the more unique, but I really do like the third one, too. All three are excellent in my book.

1 & 3 are both real cool! i love shots like three especially with the very straight edges.

im not a fan of 2 though - think its the angle thats putting me off.

Numbers one and two are probably the more unique, but I really do like the third one, too. All three are excellent in my book.

Thanks for the kind words hunter :)

1 & 3 are both real cool! i love shots like three especially with the very straight edges.

im not a fan of 2 though - think its the angle thats putting me off.

Thanks Tom, I thought the second one might get a mixed review due to the angle but hey, if we all liked the same thing then life would get pretty boring ;)

Very interesting takes Gordon.
No 1 looks better photographically wise - if you get my meaning, although i think the angle view with the person works better and has more impact.
The building shot works fine too - Nice work !

Number 2 is excellent - really messes with your mind!

Thanks for the comments and feedback folks, on my phone so I can't really respond to them individually at the moment and I'm away from home so no pc for a week or so but they are all appreciated :)

I love all 3, really like the third and I cant stare at number 2 for two long without turning my head... lol

Back