Couple of dragging the shutter image

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey there,

Just a couple of images, I used them today for my photo of the week section on my website but thought they might go here nicely

pow181211.jpg

nkkissing.jpg

Both hand held, no flash, Top - 1/20th second F4 ISO 1600, Bottom 1/10th / F22 / ISO 100

Hi. Loving #1. But this isn't really 'dragging the shutter', just long exposure. Nice creative idea, though.

Love the first one - looks like the couple had a great time at the shoot too :)

Really like both images .... More drawn to the second one ... would like to see it with the bus as blurred as the pedestrians.

Dragging the shutter is using flash and existing light at the same time to create more natural looking lighting. Basically you manually set the camera to a slow shutter speed (1/30) to allow existing light to illuminate your background while using your flash to stop the motion of your subject. It also allows the background to motion blur

Dragging the shutter is using flash and existing light at the same time to create more natural looking lighting. Basically you manually set the camera to a slow shutter speed (1/30) to allow existing light to illuminate your background while using your flash to stop the motion of your subject. It also allows the background to motion blur

That was going to be my question what is dragging the shutter?? makes sence now, really like #1 as like said #2 the bus does not look right.

spike

That was going to be my question what is dragging the shutter?? makes sence now, really like #1 as like said #2 the bus does not look right.

spike

But this is NOT as it day light only I think you need to balance flash and daylight ( or ambient light)

Fantastic shots! The first one in particular is great, the lighting gives it a studio look. I bet the couple are chuffed with them, they make great engagement shots.

Forgot to say that they also make a really good use of the location - I wish my wife and I had more momentos like this from our time living in London.

But this is NOT as it day light only I think you need to balance flash and daylight ( or ambient light)

Sorry Chaz I worded that wrong, I meant to say your explanation made sence as to what Dragging the shutter meant.

I realise these are not what the OP meant them to be but i do like them no matter how they where taken.

spike

Am I the only one who likes the bus as is?

For me it helps make the image. Surely the idea of this (apart from the people being blurred) is that the bus is bearing down on the kissing couple?

very cool, especially number 1 and well done on hand holding at 1/20 to get that sharp. Oh but it's not dragging the shutter what you have done.

E17phil said:
Am I the only one who likes the bus as is?

For me it helps make the image. Surely the idea of this (apart from the people being blurred) is that the bus is bearing down on the kissing couple?

Nope I prefer no 1 but love them both tbh.
Great shots.
I did ask if the OP if there was any difficulty in taking the shots?

(y)
Sorry Chaz I worded that wrong, I meant to say your explanation made sence as to what Dragging the shutter meant.

I realise these are not what the OP meant them to be but i do like them no matter how they where taken.

spike

Back