couple of horses cleaning each other

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
caught these two the other day, a bit of you scratch my back i`ll scratch yours:LOL:
IMG_2554a.jpg

:D Well timed.

The focusing if off, as you stated. LH seems OK but the RH is OOF.

Tad off the RH and inch off the bottom, perhaps?

Cheers.

I don't think it's focussing - 70mm at f5 should give you a wide DoF - it's almost like there's something wrong with the lens - even the background shows it - the left is OK, the right is a bit "fuzzy" [technical term!] - my first thought was that the background looks like motion blur, but that's nigh on impossible at 1/1600...

As for the photo - not bad - I would suggest a tighter crop though.

Good capture of the situation, but I'd say your equipment is letting you down somehow... :shrug:

Looks good...would recommend cropping to get the horses to take up as much of the canvas as possible.

I don't think it's focussing - 70mm at f5 should give you a wide DoF - it's almost like there's something wrong with the lens - even the background shows it - the left is OK, the right is a bit "fuzzy" [technical term!] - my first thought was that the background looks like motion blur, but that's nigh on impossible at 1/1600...

As for the photo - not bad - I would suggest a tighter crop though.

Good capture of the situation, but I'd say your equipment is letting you down somehow... :shrug:

thanks, i can see that now, not sure which lens i used, im gessing the 50-250mm, is there a way to check the lens?

For the lens - the lens details are usually stored in the image - try looking back at the original and checking advanced properties - I know that lightroom 3 tells me what lens it was.

As for checking, couldn't say - I'd suggest a post in the "talk equipment" section with this photo included as an example - also check your other photos with that lens - see if it's recent or has always been there - if it's recent, it's possibly fixable...

Best I could suggest is to open the aperture as wide as possible, then take a photo of something with a shallow depth of field [a wall, for example] - then you know that any "blurredness" is just due to kit problems, not DoF. From that point, play with the settings - does changing the aperture help or hinder, does it only affect certain zooms, does the blurredness move around the picture with [say] focussing [would imply a problem in the alignment of the focussing elements]?

As I say - don't really know, and for a more professional opinion, ask in Talk Equipment...

Hope you sort it out OK! (y)

thanks, its my sig 17-70mm, will go out and try what you have said, thanks for your help

I love the way horses groom each other :)

I agree with what has been said before, make the horses fill the whole frame.

Perhaps the oof area is a smear or fingerprint on the lens?

Back