Couple of macros from Chester Zoo yesterday

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Queued outside the butterfly house, people just gawking when inside but too hot and steamy for the kit so I reversed out, sorry pete!

Too busy on a Saturday, people shoving and being rude - and the animals, to be honest I really felt sorry for them, especially the Orangutans, pure idiotic people - adults mainly, tapping on the glass while one is sat there looking sad, as if it were going to pamper to their entertainment. Felt like throwing a few people into the Lions tbh.

Anyway, enough of my bitchin', heres a couple of boring shots I got.

1.. Not a macro, but a closeup shot as I could have got, with the 70-200 plus a Teleplus 1.4 on the camera, the lens really softened the detail unfortunately. Might be ok when its on the macro lens though, have yet to try.
Shot of some worker ants carry leaves about.
14760735009_24a54db51e_o.jpg

2.. Plenty of bees around, spent 5 minutes trying my best to get a face on shot , but no luck. These buggers are awfully quick and dont stop.
14760838297_36d742dcc5_o.jpg

3.. Is about 50% crop, about the best shot I managed unfortunately, will get one, one day.
14760714990_03c5ece484_o.jpg

4.. Exotic flower I presume?
14760838397_22fa4cc661_o.jpg

Used my v2 pringle tube setup, still just using the pringle opaque top as the diffuser, no toilet roll or other diffuser used.

Thanks for popping by

Nice Carl
Bees are a tough subject

Well done on the bees Carl I've always struggled with them:)
shame about the butterfly house I've never had to queue
I normally go there in the winter though but they don't have many butterflies at that time of year, it looks like then its either hordes of people or not many butterflies
know what you mean about some of the people they tend to stay out of my way though when I'm waving my monopod around !!:D

Well done on the bees Carl I've always struggled with them:)
shame about the butterfly house I've never had to queue
I normally go there in the winter though but they don't have many butterflies at that time of year, it looks like then its either hordes of people or not many butterflies
know what you mean about some of the people they tend to stay out of my way though when I'm waving my monopod around !!:D
Thats what I should have done. It was heaving pete, saturday is not a good day to go! lol

Thats what I should have done. It was heaving pete, saturday is not a good day to go! lol

Not in the school holidays and when its coming to the end its not.... always worth going early morning before crowds or later in the after and when its hot too as people tend not to go into these warm environments.

This is what I have found in Whipsnade anyhow. If its cold and rainy then people flock to it...

Excellent set and that bee with the purple eye is great.

No3 turned out okay Carl. I too struggle to get good shots of bees :)

Back