Couple of sunset landscape shots from tonight.

Edit My Images
Yes
Driving back home tonight and going through a couple of back lanes had to pull over for a couple of shots.

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1441229495.992333.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1441229522.482810.jpg

Regards

Nigel

Very nice. I think the lens flare works very well in the 2nd image.

Hi Nigel, Hope your keeping well, I sort of recognise the first shot, is it quite close to both of us?

I am good... Recovering nicely from the spinal surgery....enjoying the Fuji and getting out and about again.

Have arranged a meet for Saturday in London if you are interested.

Nigel

I don't get the lighting on the first one - it is all wrong. The light source is behind the barn, yet the front of the barn is brighter than the side nearest the light source. It doesn't sit right.

The second shot is an absolute belter though.

The lighting is how it was .... There was plenty of light still in the field, I metered off the log shed, bracketing the shots then did a mild HDR in Lightroom.

I can understand you view point....

But I like the shot and the processing myself, might not be to everyone taste.

Glad you like the second shot.

Regards

Nigel

Thanks for the kind offer re the meet up in London, sorry i cant make it, as i am recovering myself from a heart attack that i had recently.and still waiting for a triple bypass op. So im housebound at the moment.

Two stunners Nigel. I agree with John about the light flare-excellent.

I really like both photographs,they both have very dramatic sky,s. The first I think is my favourite. The detail is great and the sheep make the foreground,I would get rid of the horse box(I think) and the car at the end of the lane,it just draws the eye in to much.

I believe the light is playing a trick with the eye in the first shot as the barn looks lit from the front,but,its light coloured and maybe new wood,so an illusion.The setting sun peeping through the hedge line balances the composition very well with the foreground sheep.

A good stop for two excellent photographs.

Thanks for the kind offer re the meet up in London, sorry i cant make it, as i am recovering myself from a heart attack that i had recently.and still waiting for a triple bypass op. So im housebound at the moment.

sorry to hear that hopefully all goes well and you will be on your feet and out and about soon.

Nige

I really like both photographs,they both have very dramatic sky,s. The first I think is my favourite. The detail is great and the sheep make the foreground,I would get rid of the horse box(I think) and the car at the end of the lane,it just draws the eye in to much.

I believe the light is playing a trick with the eye in the first shot as the barn looks lit from the front,but,its light coloured and maybe new wood,so an illusion.The setting sun peeping through the hedge line balances the composition very well with the foreground sheep.

A good stop for two excellent photographs.
Many thanks for the comments medwaygreen

The log store is a new addition so still blonde wood that has not weathered.

I do not tend to remove stuff from the images as it can sometime become cloning marathon.

Lol pure laziness on my behalf would rather just take the image and run, and do a little processing.

Nigel

I like the 2nd one a lot!

Excellent photos, very well captured. I don't really have a favourite, I really like both of them

Thank you for the comments Horologos,Phate Brutus mk1 and Mike_8480

Regards

Nigel

Back