Couple Stacks

I'm glad I am the first to respond because these are fantastic. The patience you must have to take so many shots (how many exactly) to get this level of detail is unbelievable.

I've got no idea how you achieve the quality and sharpness of these, but they are simply brilliant. No2 (bee) looks like something out of Dr Who!

Superb set and I, as above, would love to know how many images make up these beauties and how/what you use to blend them :)

Thanks a lot for all the positive comments its very much appreciated. Ive only been doing macro for little over a month so its good hear.
On average each image was around 40 pictures combined. I just took these on my kitchen bench with my canon 40d, sigma 105 and a raynox 250. I don't even have a tripod at the minute so had to use an old light stand with a £10 cheap and nasty rail screwed on top. Then a £30 flash with a Pringles tube stuck on to aim the light. Im very cheap :LOL:
Im saving for an mp-e 65mm though so Im really looking forward to getting that to play with :)

Superb set and I, as above, would love to know how many images make up these beauties and how/what you use to blend them :)

I used Zerene to stack these, more so because photoshop just takes so long.

Must say Im really chuffed with all the positive feedback it really does mean a lot :)

pretty amazing for a snap on "magnifying filter."
Great work, particularly the "face" shot.

Thanks, I really wasn't sure how good the raynox 250 would be but for stacking its been excellent.

wow- I may just have to buy a Raynox, I have the 105mm never thought of these two as a combination

brilliant details in all the Shots - I am WELL IMPRESSED :clap:

Les (y)

Epic shots there John. As Carl said, how do you get time to stack so many images? Are the subjects deceased?

amazing shots !

Great shots, truly inspirational, this is what I'm aiming for (y)

Just realised who you are, should've bought a mpe-65 :)

Ordered a macro rail off the back of these photos today to see what I can get out of my lens and Raynox :)

Last edited:
Epic shots there John. As Carl said, how do you get time to stack so many images? Are the subjects deceased?

Yeah they are all dead stuff I either found around the bottom of my ferns in the front garden or what Ive seen when out walking the fields. I always carry a plastic tub with me now for them lol
Again thank you all for the positive comments :)

Last edited:
Superbly done. Your nasty rail seems to work well.

Love the head on blue bottle. Suprised you used Zerene as your a self confessed cheap skate and not Combine ZP. :p

It was a free 30 day trial lol

I dont think i have ever seen so much front to back detail and even more amazing with the cheap set up you used

Stan

Thanks a lot Stan. Guess then Steven I'll have to get my act together and do some new stuff lol

Wow what amazing photos ......they took my breath away - the more I scrolled down the page the more I gasped although my favourite is the first one ......A..MAZ..ING !

Stunning! Just goes to show you don't need expensive gear to get fantastic, really fantastic photographs!

Thanks a lot :) really over the moon with the comments.
Your right Luke, it maybe a little harder to get the shot you want sometimes but its the practice at using what you have as best you can that gets you there in the end.

Back