Covid vaccination card

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't forget to put a copy onto your computer, cards cad get ruined or lost . Just a reminder

Fair point but, given that I booked my appointment through the NHS website, and they checked me against their records when I went for the jabs, won't it be in my medical records?

I don't know, just wondering.

Yes it is. I have the NHS app (the normal one, not the COVID one) and it was listed on my records about 2 hours after I had the jab.

FWIW

My GP patient records states the dates and vaccination type & dosage(s).

So, should ever be a need to prove vaccination status there are it seems multiple points of recording.

The above not withstanding that the cards we received are still of relevance and worth keeping safe!

if going to travel abroad having the card on you may be easier and quicker to get throujgh overseas cujstoms

I've laminated mine now, but the NHS app has the Q code that can be scanned if necessary

if going to travel abroad having the card on you may be easier and quicker to get throujgh overseas cujstoms

I surmise the Covid vaccination record cards will be seen as insufficient 'proof' because of the risk (very low I would hope) faking one. A mixture of the likes of a printed certifiable version or a smartphone app would be the necessary outcome if we ever need to show such proof???

PS a printable certificate could be of the sort that you request online akin to a subset of data of your driving license......but a QR code printed on it would allow for rapid international confirmation.

A group of local DR's surgeries here got together and used one medical centre to carry out the vaccinations. Very efficient they were too with about 5 or 6 rooms being used to do vaccinations in

The NHS app is only for England, though it did read that an update will enable us in Wales to use it to show our covid vaccinations information.
For travel to Spain you need to use the SpTH app or SpTH web portal to obtain a QR code.
I‘ve already got the app because I’m desperate to see my mates.

When I went in for the first vaccine they had no record of me having the appointment, even though my GP book it, they still gave me the jab.

The second time, still no record of my first jab, they did something on the system but I'm not sure if its all on there. Doesn't really make any difference to me, I have the card and I have no travel plans anytime soon.

*Mod Edit*
Not required!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I went in for the first vaccine they had no record of me having the appointment, even though my GP book it, they still gave me the jab.

The second time, still no record of my first jab, they did something on the system but I'm not sure if its all on there. Doesn't really make any difference to me, I have the card and I have no travel plans anytime soon.

Have you got the NHS app ?
My daughter had a similar problem and then found her NHS number had been registered to someone else !
It's taken a while but all sorted now

Don't worry - pretty sure you can buy "replacement" cards for about a fiver :)

In other news, didn't know there was an NHS app - that sounds really handy. Thks.

If they become used to enable access to travel, nightclubs, sports events etc then I should expect a significant proportion of cards used to be faked for those who declined the vaccine.

Don't forget to put a copy onto your computer, cards cad get ruined or lost . Just a reminder

Good idea, but it can only be used in an unofficial capability.

For example: A nightclub may be okay with you showing a photo of your card on your smartphone,, just to provide proof that you had your vaccine shot. But a doctor may want to see the real card, considering that the photo of your card could have been a photo of somebody else's card.

I think it's ridiculous to suggest that any "proper" check could be made of these cards. They are a record that something happened, not a legal document.

For example, my actual passport is a miracle of modern high security printing. All kinds of stuff visible and invisible to make it incredibly hard to forge. My "covid passport" is a bit of card with some biro on it.

Even if I'd never seen one, I could knock one up in 10 minutes of research on Facebook. It doesn't seem sensible to make anything important depend on them.

I think it's ridiculous to suggest that any "proper" check could be made of these cards. They are a record that something happened, not a legal document.

For example, my actual passport is a miracle of modern high security printing. All kinds of stuff visible and invisible to make it incredibly hard to forge. My "covid passport" is a bit of card with some biro on it.

Even if I'd never seen one, I could knock one up in 10 minutes of research on Facebook. It doesn't seem sensible to make anything important depend on them.
Mine has even got my name spelt incorrectly! Soon sorted out using Photoshop :)

Edit: My wife just told me that there is no name at all on her card!

Last edited:
I have 2 cards, one for each dose. Both have stickers attached with the relevant details thereon.

A spokesperson said: "Gov.UK states that NHS vaccine cards cannot be used to demonstrate vaccine status.

"Therefore these cannot be used to gain any privileges (for example travel). Those purchasing cards like this would find they have no official use.

The site where I received my first vaccine had only been open for one day so far, and apparently the cards hadn't arrived yet. Of the (presumably) hundred or more people that got their jab there that day, not a single one was given a card. Good job I have the app!

Back