Cranefly, asleep for the night (I presume)...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
On the stem of one of the garden shrubs.

I placed a blurred background on an A4 sheet of paper behind the cranefly in the first 2 images, and in the last, being so close meant a darkness beyond anyway.

Two tubes for the first two, and all three tubes for the third image:

Exif:
Copyright: Paul Iddon - A View of the UK
Camera: Canon EOS 70D
Lens: EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/250 sec, f/10, ISO 200

Paul.

1st 2 are great paul but No 3 has that "wow" factor to it, Great shots. (y)

Do you have a shot of its back? it could be one of 2 species...

I'm not sure the pink background works a green or yellow may have done. great detail in #3

Do you have a shot of its back? it could be one of 2 species...

I'm not sure the pink background works a green or yellow may have done. great detail in #3

No, just the side on shot Bryn - I couldn't get any other angle because of the foliage. Even as it was, I had to snip several leaves away to get the lens and flash in!

The pink is actually an orange-brown wallpaper printed on A4 plain document paper... :)

Paul.

No, just the side on shot Bryn - I couldn't get any other angle because of the foliage. Even as it was, I had to snip several leaves away to get the lens and flash in!

The pink is actually an orange-brown wallpaper printed on A4 plain document paper... :)

Paul.

Your printer needs calibrating or your white balance! :p

I think its "salmon Pink" :p

I like the pink... just thought I'd put that out there.

It works well with the body of the mozzy, but I would have preferred a tighter crop, maybe to cut out the green altogether. Good set regardless. I think the last one could be warmed up a bit.

Back