Cricketer & Swimmer

sunnyside_up

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Bethy
Edit My Images
No
Day 2 of shooting today and had a family of extremely 'sporty' kids. Harry plays cricket and I'm told he's VERY good. Emily is on her way to becoming an Olympic champion, in all sense of the meaning. Dad coaches (and Mom does the admin lol).

I have to say I'm really pleased with the camera, although I have noticed that it's slower on the auto focus than the 7D was. Shame really...

Anyway, here's a few from today. Thanks for looking. :)

Emily by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Emily by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Harry by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Harry by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Emily, Dad and Harry by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Harry, Em and Dad by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

That's an "Excellent" set of images Bethy, with some really nice facial expressions. I'm not too keen on the harsh butterfly lighting on #3 but other than that I like them all very much.(y)

George.

Nice set, I really like the first of the group shots as I feel the girl in the middle helps balance the shot and she has an intense look about her that most good sports people have.

You left out my favourite!!

Nice set ducky, you're really making the new camera sing!

Which one was that? And thanks!

More gingers aswell. :D

Tell me about it - I seem to be meeting no end of them lately! I think the world is being taken over! ;)

That's an "Excellent" set of images Bethy, with some really nice facial expressions. I'm not too keen on the harsh butterfly lighting on #3 but other than that I like them all very much.(y)

George.

Cheers George - I agree with you on No. 3 to be honest - it's not quite the image / lighting that I was after I have to admit. I pushed up the clarity in trying to help it along, and I think I need to re-visit it in editing to bring the highlights back down. Thanks for the feedback!

Nice set, I really like the first of the group shots as I feel the girl in the middle helps balance the shot and she has an intense look about her that most good sports people have.

Cheers Mark. I'm pleased with the group shots, although to be honest, I wish I had more room in my lounge as I would have liked them spread out a little bit more. I suppose ideally it should have been done as a composite and lit them all separately. Thanks for the comments! :)

Love this set. Wonderful lighting

Thanks Lynda. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. :)

Groups photos are sooooooooo good.

Gaz

Cheers Gary. Appreciate your feedback as always. :)

Your shot Bethy of the half swimmer is both a different approach to a subject but an "Excellent" one. I like it very much.(y)

George.

Just seen this - you really do some good shots - you rarely disappoint:)

I saw these on Flickr Bethy and was really impressed, particularly with the ones of the young lady swimmer. Look at that lat development in shot 1! (sorry, that's my fitness head on). That's my favourite from the set I think. I would love to see your work printed and up close. Bet it looks ace!

I saw these on Flickr Bethy and was really impressed, particularly with the ones of the young lady swimmer. Look at that lat development in shot 1! (sorry, that's my fitness head on). That's my favourite from the set I think. I would love to see your work printed and up close. Bet it looks ace!

Always appreciated your comments, Gareth. You always make my head swell lol.

Emily has been competitively swimming for years now (she's 16), up at 4am to practice before school, and then after school into the evening, 6 days a week. Keep an eye out for this girl, she's going places. A perk from photographing her, they're going to let me go poolside in the new year for some 'in action' shots. REALLY looking forward to that, but might have to beg, borrow or steal a faster focusing camera for that!

Back