Critique Criminally Insane Series

Name
DILLIGAF
Edit My Images
No
ok so i have decided to do a criminally insane series of photos. Ideally 2 Photos for each character. One image a Portrait and one in a scene.

my first 2 photos.

Johnny "the Blade"

US7UG1u.jpg

avKgpy3.jpg

shooting the second character tomorrow

C and C please (not about the signature lol)

Last edited:
Yes - very good.

Maybe number 1 - as it doesn't contain (red) blood - would work really well in B&W too? (Although you may need to lighten the background so that the head /hair stand out better)

In my Scott/Kloskowski PSE 11 book they contain two special treatments for portraits/faces/skin called:

- de-saturated skin look

- grungy high contrast look

do these sound like what you have done to get the (almost) metallic skin effect?

Also in number 1 I hadn't noticed the ?sword blade at first ?maybe a slightly different pose would make it stand out more?

?and in both ?maybe some blood on the ?sword

But all my comments are attempts at improving already excellent images

hi there is blood on one of the swords but it as ya know these last days have been boiling hot, and as you can imagine with real blood, it started to stink >.< and clot/dry very fast so only managed to get it on one sword (the blacker areas)

and yes using high saturation and then a layer with very low saturation is part of how i achieve it :) amongst other things of course. i also have a layer where i do very strong HDR but not theres a lot of layers involved (8-10 ish) it used to take me a few hours to get the airbrushing just right not to much and not to little, but now i got a program with it preset (purely for speed) as it does exactly what i want. Also the effect works better on close up potraits, and looks more cartoony further away as the models are less details in the image (on my 10mp 5D mk1) but im giving away all my secrets ;)

Last edited:
Very sinister expression in #1 but think he looks more confused than scary in #2

But both are excellent images and thanks for sharing your secrets.

Little Tristan "The Cuban" Unstable psycopath, known for random cruelty and Violence... Just dont call him Little!

vof4d3s.jpg

dPFWe1h.jpg

Back