Cris - Canon 5D + Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.4 + Tele-Tessar T* 200mm f/3.5

Name
Ivo Lázaro
Edit My Images
No
Two portraits with my brother as model. (He bocome my personal model now he entered in the Navy hehe)

This first one was at home when we knew he entered in the Navy's School.

He can't go out with the uniform so I had to shoot in the living room. I used the natural light comming by the window...

Canon 5D + Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50mm f/1.4

crisfardabrancaflickr.jpg

This one I did today morning after his Honour's Compromise cerimony. He ha 2 minutes to be with the family and I did it...

Canon 5D + Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar T* 200mm f/3.5

compromissodehonracrisf.jpg

And this while he was with his partners.

Canon 5D + Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar T* 200mm f/3.5

compromissodehonraparad.jpg

These were the first pictures with the Canon 5D I did in a serious way... I loved these Zeiss lenses on it!
Now I have to try the Distagon 28/2.8...

Sorry. I added this in the wrong section.

I'd liked to ad in the People and Portraits gallery...

Edit: Thanks for the section changing.

Last edited:
these are some lovely shots and so sharp!

now got me looking at some manual focus zeiss lenses to put on my 5d...

To be honest I only use manual focus lenses on digital bodies (and I have now plenty of film bodies too).

I used to use in my Canon 400D and now I have the 5D and the results are amazing. (in my opinion).

You can check more results here: www.flickr.com/photos/lazzarosphotography

Some film photographs and some with my 400D and manual focus lenses too.

thanks. il have a wee look!

im looking to invest in a medium format film camera so whatever i get, i may buy an adaptor for so i can use the lenses on both systems.

Be carefull because you haven't got many medium format lenses working on Canon 5D. Some because mirror issues, others because it's hard to get the adaptors, etc...

I have one Contax 645 and one Hasselblad 500CM. Both are amazing in different ways...

Look for 35mm manual focus lenses. It would be better and even tough, some won't work on 5D because the mirror issue.

Regards,
Ivo

Be carefull because you haven't got many medium format lenses working on Canon 5D. Some because mirror issues, others because it's hard to get the adaptors, etc...

I have one Contax 645 and one Hasselblad 500CM. Both are amazing in different ways...

Look for 35mm manual focus lenses. It would be better and even tough, some won't work on 5D because the mirror issue.

Regards,
Ivo

ah, didnt realise, il do some research before i buy. either way, def going medium format!

how do you find both cameras? do you have a preference?

I can't choose between them. Contax 645 has AF and it is beautifull in a modern way!

Hasselblad 500CM has that "feeling"! Beautiful in a classic way. 6x6 it's an huge composition practise! It is new in my hands so I didn't develop the films yet. I can't wait to see what I got.

You can see some results from Contax 645 in my flickr. Few yet... Some films to develop too. I used the first roll in it! I bought it new some months ago! It is very rare to happen. So it is my "precious"!

wow! some of those pictures on flickr are very impressive, the images just seem to pop out.

Thank you.

So, I can say that if someone is selling manual focus lenses I could be interested! haha. Leica, Carl Zeiss, Takumar, Angenieux, Kinoptik, 35mm film bodies, medium format... Anything else...

I LOVE "vintage" gear and the feeling it brings to me...

Great to find you in here, Ivo! :D
Very nice shots!

I decided to participate more in other forums than our portuguese one. It's nice to know what other people think about our work and our way to do it.

I'd like to see more pictures from you too David. Hehe.

:)

might be worth changing the focus screen if you're doing a lot of manual (to Ee-S); I've just changed mine and very pleased with the improvement for MF.

First one for me - the dress-whites lend themselves to the lighting and background you've chosen...
The blue work shirt blends in too much...

I love shooting with Zeiss glass on my 1Ds2, same as you, i get a great feeling. I used to shoot 35mm Contax N1 back in Japan with a whole heap of Y/Z mount Carl Zeiss (W.German & Japanese) now here in UK I only have a couple of cheapy Zeiss Jena

Excellent portraiture

Hi

Love these, well done. Can I ask if you have a link to a suitable adaptor for using say a carl zeis lens on a canon

stew

To be honest I don't feel I need to change the focus screen. I use the adaptor with AF confirmation chip and it works well.

@artona: you have plenty on eb*y. search for c/y - eos adaptor.

To be honest I don't feel I need to change the focus screen. I use the adaptor with AF confirmation chip and it works well.

@artona: you have plenty on eb*y. search for c/y - eos adaptor.

Hi

Thanks. I bought an adaptor from ebay but I was really let down by it. It has a lens in it and I am told thats the problem. Which type would you recommend, maybe a link to one if you have time

stew

Hi

Thanks. I bought an adaptor from ebay but I was really let down by it. It has a lens in it and I am told thats the problem. Which type would you recommend, maybe a link to one if you have time

stew

Maybe you have an adaptor to use M42 (Carl Zeiss Jena) lenses on a Nikon body. Those need some glass, if you want to get infinity focus.
To use Contax/Yashica lenses on a Canon body, there are no glass in the adaptor and all the models you find on ebay sellers have the same quality. :)

@artona: in this case you the adaptor is an optic adaptor (with glass) to reach the inifinit focus. It will have impact in the optical performance.

I only recomend to use FD lenses on EOS cameras if it is really good. (maybe like FD 80/1.2 or something...)

Back