Croft (Holywood) Hillclimb 2013

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
8646288602_89e117d7b0_z.jpg

8646320008_49bf453f7f_z.jpg

8645102079_20fc465aee_z.jpg

Evening people, just a smallish set from an event I was at this afternoon. They've had some light fettling in Elements 10, nothing more than some levels, sharpening and a crop or two.

I've got rid of over 2/3's of the pictures, which I understand is normal, you don't go out to get 300+ truely great shots.

Unfortunately, I know what the problem was today, I was mainly shooting in Manual mode to get the most flexibility. Was using my 70-200 f/4 on the cropped body so at the apex of the corner unfortunately I ended up TOO close.....oh the irony! It's a tight & close wee track.

I aimed for around 1/125 shutter speed to get some nice motion blur, ISO had to go up a tad as the light seemed to be quite bad, everything was coming out under-exposed. I shot at around f/8 thinking I'd get the full car in focus, any higher and the shutter speed had to slow to allow more light in.

What do we all think?

Thanks, Alan

Last edited:
Perhaps post some directly into the thread? Its hard to comment on an entire flickr set and make much sense of it ;-)

You'll get more responses if people can open the thread and just see the photos...

Perhaps post some directly into the thread? Its hard to comment on an entire flickr set and make much sense of it ;-)

You'll get more responses if people can open the thread and just see the photos...

You sir.....have a point...brb!

Back