RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
My take on it:

rkc
by Fracster, on Flickr

Bit more space for the bird to look into and not as tight in the frame, but it is all subjective.

Last edited:
Even I would have done exactly the same crop as Ade aka Fracster and for the same reasons.

However, if there had been something of major distraction etc in that space and I cropped portrait, I would have cropped 8 x 10 ratio (classic plate camera) and not 2 x 3 which looks too long and narrow in my opinion.

Thank you all for feedback
[quote="fracster,

Bit more space for the bird to look into and not as tight in the frame, but it is all subjective.[/quote]

Ade thank youfor taking the time to do an edit, thank you everyone for the feedback.

The main reason for the crop was to me the bird was looking at the twig andnot into the space, so thought it might work, it would appear not.

The main reason for the crop was to me the bird was looking at the twig andnot into the space, so thought it might work, it would appear not.
It does work and I'm with you. I much prefer the bird looking at the leaves.

If one was going on my wall, it would only be the portrait version. Just as well we aren't all the same.

I am finding that with 24.2 Mp cropping is a lot more successful..

It does work and I'm with you. I much prefer the bird looking at the leaves.

If one was going on my wall, it would only be the portrait version. Just as well we aren't all the same.

Thank you John, as ade said it is all subjective, personally I like it but I was curious of others thoughts (y)

Revisiting this thread today I can see how both portrait and landscape crops work well - I think it's personal preference and the bird is certainly focussed on the plant and not into space beyond.

If you were to crop 8 x 10 portrait and with just a bit of open space to the right you would have the best of both worlds, in my opinion.

Revisiting this thread today I can see how both portrait and landscape crops work well - I think it's personal preference and the bird is certainly focussed on the plant and not into space beyond.

If you were to crop 8 x 10 portrait and with just a bit of open space to the right you would have the best of both worlds, in my opinion.

Thank you for suggestion Robin, will take a look at other ratio, I like both crops landscape and portrait, as always opinions vary which is a good thing sometimes :)

No 1 ...the leaves on the left are a distraction so you could clone them out - then its dead space so crop out.

No 2 - is cropped to tight really.

Adws mod is the way to go for a balanced image... you have to look really hard to see where the little fellow is looking so its not relevant.

8x10 , 3x2 and 24.2 Mp cropping mean little to me...the size comes from the size of the bird and the room it needs around it....
of course this is just the way I see it.

A good well exposed and detailed pic though.
Keith

No 1 ...the leaves on the left are a distraction so you could clone them out - then its dead space so crop out.

No 2 - is cropped to tight really.

Adws mod is the way to go for a balanced image... you have to look really hard to see where the little fellow is looking so its not relevant.

8x10 , 3x2 and 24.2 Mp cropping mean little to me...the size comes from the size of the bird and the room it needs around it....
of course this is just the way I see it.

A good well exposed and detailed pic though.
Keith

Thank you Keith.......Adws mod, what does that stand for? It will probably be obvious when you tell me :)

Thank you Keith.......Adws mod, what does that stand for? It will probably be obvious when you tell me :)

....I think it's a typing error - 'w' is next to 'e' on the keyboard and it should read "Ade's mod"? Ade aka fracster.

....I think it's a typing error - 'w' is next to 'e' on the keyboard and it should read "Ade's mod"? Ade aka fracster.
Thanks robin.....sorry Bob. (old age)
Keith

Thank you Robin and Keith, why I did not see that said it would be obvious, old age Keith I used to use that one ;) now throw in a tablet and clumsy fingers I got the latest excuse :D

Thank you Robin and Keith, why I did not see that said it would be obvious, old age Keith I used to use that one ;) now throw in a tablet and clumsy fingers I got the latest excuse :D

He he ...I remember years ago someone commenting on one of my pics with this........"Nice s*** Keith"......took me a while to realise that I and O are next to each other......he did mean shot as he re-commented apologising...or maybe he chickened out ......LOL

Keith

Happy to help Bob, like I said, it is all subjective and I do not expect everyone to agree with my edit.

I understand about the bird looking at the branch,leaves rather than the space, but I do feel that the portrait crop is too tight. Just my opinion I hasten to add.

Taking another look and reading the comments.

I would say Ade's edit is still my pick.

The inclusion of the space to the right is so less cramped and whilst I appreciate the idea of the Blue Tit looking at the branch - the space to the right (being vacant) doesn't take this away.

Happy to help Bob, like I said, it is all subjective and I do not expect everyone to agree with my edit.

I understand about the bird looking at the branch,leaves rather than the space, but I do feel that the portrait crop is too tight. Just my opinion I hasten to add.

really appreciated your input (y)

Taking another look and reading the comments.

I would say Ade's edit is still my pick.

The inclusion of the space to the right is so less cramped and whilst I appreciate the idea of the Blue Tit looking at the branch - the space to the right (being vacant) doesn't take this away.

Thank you Phil

Back