CS5

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Hi all
I am looking at upgrading to Abobe Photoshop CS5! How are you getting on with it?? Is any faster when your using big files? Can you save the file information if your doing a batch of images??

I look forward to hearing from you.

Brian

Its a bit more stable, and the 64 bit version runs well on a 64 bit machine wirh ashed of memory in it. A lot of plugins are not 64bit, so you still end up runing the 32 bit version occasionally

I use the whole suite, but for a photographer, the difference (in phootshop) between cs4 and cs5 is pretty minimal - a couple of improvements to selections, thats about it

I use the whole suite, but for a photographer, the difference (in phootshop) between cs4 and cs5 is pretty minimal - a couple of improvements to selections, thats about it

I not sure why you think this unless you have not updated it.
ACR has lens correction built in so now if you have a 10mm lens it can correct it with CA adjustment as well as you can find turn them to your camera and lens and save this info, in PS the content aware fill or healing is magical as well.
I think it is much better then CS4
Plus I keep finding new things about it You need to get over to Russell Browns web site to find out more.

I not sure why you think this unless you have not updated it.
ACR has lens correction built in so now if you have a 10mm lens it can correct it with CA adjustment as well as you can find turn them to your camera and lens and save this info, in PS the content aware fill or healing is magical as well.
I think it is much better then CS4
Plus I keep finding new things about it You need to get over to Russell Browns web site to find out more.

yea - and that! lol

To be honest, it really depends how much work you do to your images in PS. Pretty much I have PS, Dreamweaver and Illustrator open all the time, but really on a day to day basis, a lot of the new stuff is pretty irrelevant. Also I have never particularly dealt with RAW files in PS, I use Lightroom

In my experience, most users never use more than 10% of what a package like PS can do, and generally to add to that photographers use fewer features than designers or digital artists

Martin Evenings book (CSx for photographers) is an excellent primer for photographers

I would agree with the comment of CS5 being better than CS4 on laptop, its the same for me, much prefer using it to CS4 for that reason

Back