Culdrose Sea Spitfire

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Once the Vulcan had done its stuff at Culdrose Air Day (and very impressive it was too (y)), a lot of the crowd headed back to their cars which allowed me to get to the barrier for a change. Got this panning shot of the Sea Spitfire coming into land.

Well executed indeed. Really like it. Although I believe the Sea Spitfire was referred to as a Seafire?

Thanks a lot. I was quite pleased with this at 1/90 sec.

Yes, this is more commonly known as the Seafire, but I believe the official name for the aircraft was originally the Sea Spitfire. They were were modified Mk Va and Vb aircraft, fitted with an arrestor hook - later versions had folding wings.

Great capture. The only thing against it (and nothing you could have done) is that the wheels are all on the white line!

Hiya Chopski. What an absolutely fantastic photo this is....my family are WW2 plane mad!Is it possible to get in hi-res for my desktop picture?

I can see what you mean about the white line thing. Bit of a shame that.

I appreciate your comments - thankyou.

King Eric - You are welcome to a hi-res copy. I'm just not sure how to make it available to you. Any suggestions?

Here are a few more Culdrose pics. Comments welcome...

Love no 4, the angles work really well and there is a good blur. The background with the greys works well. They look very close to each other.

Great shots Chris. What lens were you using. merv:clap::clap:

Back