Cumbrian Lake

Edit My Images
Yes
i have place this picture here to try and show what trouble i am having with the borders.
[
On the above picture, you will see a black borderline around the actual picture, this was put there after i added a bigger canvas(white), as the canvas will not join to the outside of it, there should be a black line around the outside of the canvas also, but i cant see it here.

Anyway, is there too much water here?

Try this method :-

CallumLibby.jpg

Notice 1 st time is expanding canvas by 2 black pixels. Then repeat with say 10 white pixels....then 2 black pixels, then say 50 white pixels, then finally 2 black pixels. Play with the sizes you want then record as an action.

cheers dave, i'll try that now.

nice screen shot there DJW ,

isnt that what i said in the other thread, lol

MyPix

Yup, its the same as we have already said...again make sure you have the "relative" box ticked ;)

Boon said:
Anyway, is there too much water here?

Nope, not at all. You have the far waterline on a horizontal third too so it's fine. Your stuff is improving a lot lately. :thumb:

CT, coming from you my friend, i'll class that as a BIG compliment.
Thank you

What a strange way to add a border!

Surely, it's easier to make sure you're image isn't on the background layer, then increase the canvas size, CTRL+Click the image layer and add a 1 pixel stroke to the inside of the selection.
CTRL+A then lets you add one to the outside edge.

EDIT: One of your better pics that Boon. Well done :)

Ribby said:
What a strange way to add a border!

Surely, it's easier to make sure you're image isn't on the background layer, then increase the canvas size, CTRL+Click the image layer and add a 1 pixel stroke to the inside of the selection.
CTRL+A then lets you add one to the outside edge.

EDIT: One of your better pics that Boon. Well done :)

Have to say I use the same method as Dave and find it really simple......
What do you do if you want a few lines in your boarder ??

What I said up there ^^^.
I only put a border around the image itself, then around the outside edge. I use CTRL+Click to select the image and it draws the marquee around it perfectly (CTRL+A selects everything).

Still, each to there own :)

i have just tried ribby's way, seems to work for me, i have also written down daves way too, can never have too many ways to do things.

If I may just revive this thread I have tried the method above..:)

Thanks for sharing..:thumb:

Balloon%20.jpg

looks great busterboy, should have tried red/white/blue
i too have now got to grips with the borders, you learn soooo much in this forum, its great.

Nice pic Stev - I had the same trouble with borders some while back and have to agree ... everyone is so helpful when problems arise !

Glad you are sorted but ... howsabout applying it to your pic so we can see the resulting lessons in practice ?

Try this method :-

CallumLibby.jpg

Notice 1 st time is expanding canvas by 2 black pixels. Then repeat with say 10 white pixels....then 2 black pixels, then say 50 white pixels, then finally 2 black pixels. Play with the sizes you want then record as an action.

how do you record something as an action in PS?

Back