Cut out light art

Name
hayley
Edit My Images
Yes
Tried something a bit different with this one .. I painted light from a red light wand through a piece of stencil art created by a friend of mine, I used two clear sheets of perspex to hold up the stencil and to make sure there wasn't too much light bleed.... any comments welcome! :)

Reflections by Hayley Blackledge, on Flickr

I was thinking of doing this a few days ago as playing with light trails I could not seem to do anything that looked good or accurate to how I thought I was drawing it, nice to see it works very well :)

Thanks, I have used basic stencils in light painting before, but wouldn't be able to create a stencil this good myself either. My friend was showing me some cut out art work he had done and I just had the idea of painting light through it, wish I could take credit for the artwork too! lol. :)

Thanks Matthew! You're right, and I have done so now, but only noticed them after I posted it. :)

Thanks Andrew, I do use flashguns usually when using stencils, but wanted to experiment with different shades of colour on this one, so used a led strip covered in red and pink filters instead!

Great work, Never seen that done before.

May be a future thing to try

Back