Cute Alert!

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
We're overrun with young Blue Tits this year - loads of them in the garden. Seems there's been a lot of Blue Tit hein' and shein' going on this year. :cautious:

IMG_2038 1 by tonky8203, on Flickr

IMG_2042 1 by tonky8203, on Flickr

IMG_2047 1 by tonky8203, on Flickr

7D and 500mm f/4L with 1.4X TC. 1600 ISO.

Last edited:
Very nice set ct, we are overrun with sparrows.

Great set Ced`s, love #1 (y) I think their colours and tones at this stage look just as nice as the adult plumage does.

Lol. Well I don't normally do feeder shots. I get woodpeckers on there several times a day but don't bother with them because I can't avoid getting the feeder in shot.

Very nice work, CT ... if I had to be picky then I'd like to have seen a tad more dof in 2.

Very nice work, CT ... if I had to be picky then I'd like to have seen a tad more dof in 2.

Not picky at all mate - it's fair comment. Unfortunately this was pretty near minimum focusing distance with the 500mm and 1.4X TC so dof is a problem. This was at 1600 ISO and I was still shooting wide open and getting 1/200th so not much to be done, but yes - I'd have liked the other leg in focus.

No complaints from me CT, I like them all and its good to see these little ones looking so fresh. Really nice shots and up to your usual standards (y)
I was lucky enough to have a pair of Blue tits nest in one of my boxes this year and got some good shots of dad bringing the feed home. Unfortunately I missed them fledging but there are some juveniles hanging around and feeding still. Wonderful time of the year :)

No complaints from me CT, I like them all and its good to see these little ones looking so fresh. Really nice shots and up to your usual standards (y)
I was lucky enough to have a pair of Blue tits nest in one of my boxes this year and got some good shots of dad bringing the feed home. Unfortunately I missed them fledging but there are some juveniles hanging around and feeding still. Wonderful time of the year :)

Thanks Trev. (y) I don't mind complaints - I'd rather a fair comment like Mark's than 2 or 3 pages of 'great shot' type responses, but I know what you meant. :D

Not picky at all mate - it's fair comment. Unfortunately this was pretty near minimum focusing distance with the 500mm and 1.4X TC so dof is a problem. This was at 1600 ISO and I was still shooting wide open and getting 1/200th so not much to be done, but yes - I'd have liked the other leg in focus.
With that whopping great lens I'll forgive you many a sin, mate!
With the added TC that gave you an effective reach of 1000mm. (y)

With that whopping great lens I'll forgive you many a sin, mate!
With the added TC that gave you an effective reach of 1000mm. (y)

700mm actually Mark with the 1.4XTC (1000mm with the 2X TC)

Overall - I'm not complaining - the flexibility is very nice. :D

Back